Monday, August 1, 2011

NEW: Nina Ultra Pro Ink-Ling

It's August already, WTF? Hope your Mondays are going as well as Mondays possibly can! My mom's sick and I just got word that my boyfriend is down for the count. I've been working on a video project for my dad's work but the computer program is seriously making me rage, so I decided to take a blogging break to show you something new. :)

I went to the Sally's in the fancy pants section of town last Friday looking for the fall FingerPaints. While I was in the process of cleaning out their display (FingerPaints B2G1? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.), I noticed this polish in the Nina Ultra Pro core display and thought the color was unique enough to merit taking it home with me.





Two coats with SV. That's how thick the formula was. More on that later. Enjoy the f-ton of pictures first. :)





















I've only swatched my other Ninas (for shame, I know), and the formula on those was lovely creamy goodness. Ink-Ling? Not so much. It was thick and goopy. Dipping my brush in the bottle to polish was like dipping the brush in curdled milk at one point! While this is nothing a trusty bottle of B3F thinner can't fix, it did make me think of a couple of FingerPaints polishes -- Chrysanthemum's the Word, specifically.

I do love the color a lot. I was afraid it would merely look grey on my confusing skintone, but I'm pleased to report that it doesn't. Now forgive me, since describing colors has never been one of my strong suits, but here: it's a cool charcoal blue-grey with a cool touch of purple, making it different from Nina Never Glum Plum (and Essie Smokin' Hot). Later when I'm in a comparison mood, I'll pull out Zoya Kelly, Misa Office Polish-tics, and Essie Smokin' Hot to show y'all what's what. Sound good?


Ink-Ling is one of those trendy smoked-out shades that seems to be super popular among this year's fall collections, but like I said, I don't have anything like it. The name truly fits, as it reminds me of india ink. And once you thin the crap out of it, I honestly think that for a price of $3.79 (that's with a Sally card), you can't beat this.

Nina is a brand that doesn't get a lot of love for some reason. There's a few new colors in the core display at Sally's, though clearly they weren't remarkable enough for me to remember them, haha. Do you have any favorites? I adore Salsa, despite actually never having worn it yet, but I'm working on that!

6 comments:

  1. Nifty. I saw this the other day, but I figured it was probably too close to Ulta Smokescreen (KellyDupe). It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty shade. Cool name too

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Noelie: I have that one, too. *facepalm* But it's much greyer and different enough for me. Thanks! <3

    @hermetic: I know, right? I think it would fit right in with this fall's Essie, Zoya and OPI collections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour looks great. The comparison with those polishes you mentioned sounds perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (it's Finchy) Can you humor me and compare it to MAC Blue India, too? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Finchy! I can! It might have to be a bottle comp for now though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.