Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sayonara, summer! -- Essie Too Too Hot

A Google search informs me that September 23 is the first day of fall, but I think I can jump the gun now that Labor Day has come and gone and the air is getting cooler. More importantly, Very Reliable Sources say that Starbucks' seasonal pumpkin spice lattes are back. I have a love/hate relationship with Starbucks, but HELLS YES I love me some pumpkin spice.

I. LOVE. FALL. Summer is okay, but to quote a certain New Jerseyan "blast in a glass," fall is my best thing. And the name of this polish more or less sums up how I feel about the weather this past summer.

Here in Virginia, we've been getting lots of rain for the past few days thanks to Tropical Storm Lee. Despite the gloomy weather, having this bright pop of color on my nails has been quite cheerful. I'm only showing you a couple of pics because for some reason, my pics make this look more orange than it is -- it's a reddish coral, dang it! Please bear with me. :(





Three coats with Essie Good to Go. It looks *much* better in person, I promise.






The formula was Essie's perfect jelly-creme hybrid. It applied and dried well, no complaints on this one. I've never met a reddish coral I haven't liked, so I probably could have done without adding this one to my collection, but to heck with that!

This being said, unless you're a sucker for funny names, Brazil-themed collections, or Essie, you won't need it. Now if you're like me and also are a sucker for reddish corals, then yes ... you need Too Too Hot. I'm not sure how that compares to E-nuf is E-nuf -- this looked rosier in the bottle, but in some lights appears orange.


Too Too Hot is from Essie's Braziliant collection, released this summer. As I recall, there was some confusion as to whether Braziliant was solely a salon- or retail-only release. I remember seeing Braziliant out in retail locations (drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) first, and a month or so later, the salon release of this collection started popping up at Ulta and at e-tailers like AveYou. I guess where you get it pretty much depends on whether you would rather have the retail bottles or the salon bottles, though at this point I think your best bet is to try your local beauty supply or an e-tailer for the salon version. Or, you can always stalk swap lists!

Y'all have any favorites from Braziliant? The only one I haven't worn yet is Smooth Sailing (I know) but I've loved my picks from this collection. Have you started wearing fall collection shades yet, or are you still clinging to your brights?

My next post will be on my birthday, and I'm excited to show you the color I've picked out for my birthday mani! Here's a hint: it's blue.

4 comments:

  1. That first pic is gorgeous- this polish definitely looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too, but it's kind of bittersweet for me, because I'm a summer girl (Mississippi raised!) and the impending doom of winter on the horizon makes it hard for me to fully enjoy fall. *sigh*

    Too Too Hot looks awesome on you! I think it'll work perfect for summer OR fall! Or the weird in between time like now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall so much. It was freakin' 88 degrees today. BOO. I want sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emily: You are a doll! Thanks so much. :) You have any others from this collection?

    @Courtney: Thanks, lady! I agree with the "weird in between time." I also have Silken Cord ... again, I have a reddish coral problem! >__<

    @Madeline: Soon you will have sweaters! It's just a matter of weeks, I think :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.