Friday, October 28, 2011

OPI Brights Power!: my Halloweekend HG

This isn't the first orange polish I owned -- that distinction goes to OPI In My Back Pocket. However, this is the one that stopped me from buying any other orange polishes for almost a year!!! My bottle of Brights Power! is quite beloved. I've worn it every Halloween since 2009 and countless times since then. I think the level of polish is roughly where my middle finger is in these photos.





Three coats with SV.









Word of warning: this polish STAINS. So use a good base coat combo, and make sure you apply your base coat well so that the polish doesn't flood your cuticles or act up. Also, I know three coats is pretty tedious to some people, but that's what you need to even this one out. But it's always been worth it to me.

What I like best about this orange in particular is that it's the perfect shade of bright orange on me. It's not too yellow and it's not too red, too pastel, neon, or even dusty. I cannot tell you how many occasions I have planned outfits around this polish except that there have been far too many of them (and more to come!). I love to wear this year-round -- it's perfect for summer and fall, and warm and cheerful during the winter doldrums.

Brights Power is from OPI's Mod About Brights collection in Summer '08. I bought this one a year after it came out. My friend Krysi and I had been killing time at Ulta before I had to go to work when she saw this in a two-pack with OPI Green-wich Village and told me I needed them because they were "Rachel colors" and the set was cheaper than the cost of both colors together at SRP. That was all the persuasion I needed, and I am so glad I have both colors now!

What's your favorite orange? Got any good Halloween plans for the weekend? I have no idea what's going on, apart from a "Puss in Boots" viewing (I was sorely tempted to break ~tradition~ and wear OPI What's With the Cattitude? instead!).

I know that technically Monday is Halloween, but have a good Halloweekend! I wish I could leave you with a clip from one of my favorite movies, "Dead & Breakfast" (particularly a clip with the zombie line dance rap), but I couldn't find one, so you get one of the best scenes in "Ed Wood" instead. It's not a Halloween movie per se, but I tend to watch it a lot around this time of year and it's my favorite Johnny Depp/Tim Burton movie. :)





Thanks for reading and I'll see you next month!

P.S. Don't forget to watch or DVR "Chuck" tonight! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Dead & Breakfast! And also this nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Madeline: OMG SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S SEEN THIS MOVIE (WHO I DIDN'T FORCE TO WATCH IT) !!!!!!! OMG you are now my favorite person this week. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.