Monday, October 17, 2011

OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window ... no, seriously, STOP THE F***ING CAR!

Last night, my family and I returned from our weekend road trip to North Carolina -- we visited Biltmore House (my in-laws' ancestral home, hurr hurr hurr) and the Nantahala Gorge via the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. I may or may not have jinxed the trip with my weekend NOTD, OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window.

There is no question that I have inherited a lot of things from my father: my penmanship techniques, my sense of direction, my shellfish allergies, my ridiculous eyesight, my sweet tooth, my perfectionist Virgo characteristics, my love for certain film genres ... and my vertigo. (I think you can see where I am going with this ...) My mother thinks it's hilarious that I love riding rollercoasters, yet I turn green when I'm on a winding road at a speed of less than 35 mph. I DO NOT LIKE SLOW TURNS. The road to our hotel Saturday night was like this, and after a while my dad was breathing heavily and had to let my uncle drive. We had to stop three times and call the hotel for directions each time! I was getting pretty woozy myself ... but I am not the one who threw up in front of the hotel!!!! Poor Dad.

My family pretty much laughed for two minutes when I told them what the name of this polish was.




Three coats with SV. Please excuse the hangnail on my middle finger!










I know these OPI Touring America cremes are flat-out boring to a lot of people, but I will never feel this way as long as OPI keeps cranking out some top-notch cremes! All I have to say is that I think you need three coats of this polish for maximum awesomeness. This was an oddly flattering color for me -- initially I had some doubts about keeping this one but those doubts are no more. :)

I loved loved LOVED Biltmore, which didn't surprise me (my love for Anderson Cooper notwithstanding) -- just thinking of America at the turn of the 20th century has always fascinated me. Also, Asheville is beautiful in the fall! I hear Biltmore is even better around Christmastime, and I've already started trying to get my boyfriend to go on one of his pre-Christmas vacation days. *shifty eyes* The railroad, on the other hand ... I don't know, I was expecting more. And given how slow the train was going, I almost got sick ... but at least I can say I've been. I wasn't in the greatest mood and wasn't feeling well all weekend, so while I'm glad I went, I wish I had gone another time.

The first picture is from Biltmore, the last one is of my aunt's dog when we picked him up from the kennel, and everything else is from the train ride to the Nantahala Gorge & the river. I didn't want to use flash and freak the poor dog out ... but you can see how sleepy he was. :)


















Thank you for reading, and please check back in a few days for my "Jersey Shore" season finale NOTD. In the meantime, I implore you not to leave your toothbrushes on dirty counters!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in my Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window looks gorgeous on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jbrobeck: Thanks again for giving us an outlet to share! :)

    @IDrinkNailPolish: Thank you! I'm glad I discovered your blog, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color looks really awesome on you. I hear ya with the slow turns thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @GothamPolish: Thank you so much! OMG, I hate slow turns. Even when I'm driving ... it's like, "Please, just let me out and I'll walk!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.