Saturday, October 22, 2011

Her heart belongs to (Revlon) Tangerine

... yup ... you get Johnny Mercer today and not Zeppelin because I am just that cool. ;)

I said on Thursday that I was hunting for my HG neon pink polish this past spring and summer. However, there are other colors I've been trying to find, too! They include pink-leaning corals, shimmery light-medium greens ... and my perfect candy corn orange shimmer. After a couple of misses, I'm pleased to show you the current front-runner, Revlon Tangerine!





Three coats with Poshe.











When I first saw this polish in person, it looked like a creme in the bottle, but not so much on the nail! I think its tiny yellow shimmer gives Tangerine something close to a pearly sheen, which is the reason why I don't know if it goes with my coloring 100%. I really love it, though. The formula isn't watery or sheer or hard to work with. You will need at least three coats, though, but you probably know by now that three coats is SOP for me.

Tangerine was from Revlon's Summer Romantics trio that came out this summer. I wasn't sure if it was ~limited edition~ like the summer Top Speeds when I saw them at Walgreens, so I grabbed this one anyway. It turns out that not too long after I bought those polishes, I spotted them in the core Revlon displays at Walmart and Target. Go figure.

Now that I've finally *sob* found the perfect top coat for Revlon polishes, I cannot seem to get enough of them! Two Revlon NOTDs in one week?! Last year, that never would've happened. Thank heavens for Poshe.

Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone is having a good weekend! My boyfriend came to visit me for the afternoon yesterday, and I had a little "TREAT YO SELF!"** time today, so I'm in much higher spirits than I was this time last weekend. I've been in a reading funk, and I'm hoping one of my "TREAT YO SELF!" purchases, Aimee Bender's The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, will snap me out of it!

**If you don't know what I'm referring to, first go slap yourself and then check out this post on NailNerd.com.

2 comments:

  1. O0o0oh I love this! Reminds me of BL Minger, but shimmery! :-)

    Oh, and if you're still looking for a pinky-leaning coral, I highly recommend BL Macbeth (if you don't already own it, of course)!

    ...(*iz too lazy to check your spreadsheet*) LOL muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Courtney: Macbeth, ehhhhhhhhhh? I might have to borrow that one from you! *cackle* <333

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.