Sunday, October 9, 2011

SpaRitual Solitude. You need it!

I joked earlier to my friend Anna about renaming this blog "NOTDs Anna Picked Out." :-P Once again, I was ~epically torn~ between two polishes and left the decision to her. (Thanks, lady!)

I was pretty excited that she picked this one because I've been wanting to show it off for a while. Between the flurry of AveYou Groupons and codes that have been floating around in recent months, I saw a lot of people on the MUA nail board asking for recommendations for SpaRituals to add to their shopping carts and I always responded with "SOLITUDE. YOU NEED IT" (or something to that effect).

These pictures were taken after three? four? days.




Three coats with SV.








In low lighting situations, Solitude is going to be on the vampy side. I don't own OPI I Brake for Manicures, so I can't compare Solitude to that, but it is slightly cooler than Rescue Beauty Lounge Recherche.

The formula on this particular polish runs a little thin, so I needed four coats to cover up bald spots. You can probably get away with using three thick coats but make sure to wait a minute or so in between coats. The polish wasn't hard to control at all -- I adore just about everything about the cap and the actual brush. It's really easy to work with.

In case you're wondering how SpaRituals fare with SV, I find that they are on equal footing with Nubar in terms of how ridiculously well they wear on me. Last year I went a whole week wearing Yes, I Can! with no chips and barely detectable tip wear.

Solitude comes from SpaRitual's Fall '08 Inspired collection, and I think it's still pretty widely available. Try AveYou, Beauty.com, or search SpaRitual.com for a salon that carries the line. I know some people think $10 a pop is a tad exorbitant for polish, but consider SpaRitual's eco- and vegan-friendly ingredients and materials -- that stuff doesn't come cheap! According to the SR website, their gorgeous bottles are crafted in Italy ... go figure.

I seem to have taken a picture of the back of the bottle as well. I don't know why, but here you go.




What's your favorite SpaRitual polish? I have some new ones I picked up with my AveYou Groupon and I hope to show them to you soon. In the meantime, get ready for more fall TV-inspired posts. :DDDD Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I only have a couple of Sparitual polishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I totally need this!!!

    I really, really need to do an AveYou order...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristy: Thanks friend! :) I haven't met a SpaRitual that I haven't liked.

    @Anna: Yes you DO need it! OMG AveYou is like a candy store ... be careful. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.