Tuesday, November 22, 2011

FingerPaints Harvest Hues: Happy, happy Turkey day, hunger pains will go away ...

... When you hear the pilgrims say, "It's happy Turkey Day!"

Yay, I have a new phone battery, thanks to a family friend. :) (However, part of me does agree with the old balls and chain -- it is highly interesting that my battery died right after receiving the Ice Cream Sandwich update. Anyway ...)

What with Thanksgiving being around the corner and all, I thought now would be a good time to break out FingerPaints Harvest Hues. I love a good harvest, though more accurately, I love anything that involves pumpkin pie!




Two coats with SV. So sorry, I didn't see the sheet marks on my left hand until I saw these pictures! Boo. AND WHAT IS WITH THE SHRINKAGE?!?! Ugh.

Also, it's not as brushstrokey as it looks, I promise. It's more glowy!










This is a dark forest green shimmer whose slight brushstrokiness can be forgiven because of how perfect this polish is otherwise. It practically applied itself -- I love the FingerPaints brush and how pigmented their colors usually are. It all makes for easy polishing, for a wonderful price. This brand is appallingly underrated. :3

I don't think it's an exact dupe for China Glaze Jolly Holly, WetnWild FastDry SaGreena the Teenage Witch, or Sinful Colors San Francisco; however, if you have one of these, you really won't need the others (unless, of course, you love green polish). I have all four of these, so it's just a matter of deciding which ones get to stay in my stash -- who knows how long that will take!

Harvest Hues was a limited edition polish from FingerPaints' Seduced by Fall Collection from last year at Sally's. I had no intention of getting it when I first saw it as I was exclusively Team Creme at the time, but after a magical saggy boob-shaped bottle of polish changed my tune, I ran back for this one when I saw it on clearance.

What are your feelings about FingerPaints? Any favorite Thanksgiving foods or movies? I'll try to post on or before Thursday, but in case I don't get to that, I'll leave you with a clip from one of my favorite movies. I'll even go so far as to say that this is probably one of the few movies with a sequel more enjoyable than its precursor!





Happy Turkey Day!

4 comments:

  1. Team Creme--hee! Glad you opened yourself up to shimmer--this one is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm a sucker for deep, dark greens like this. I don't have too many Fingerpaints, but I've loved the formula on all of mine. This one looks like a winner as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I've got Jolly Holly, so I think I'm good with just that. For now. *evil snicker*

    Also, I MUST know which saggy boob bottle polish converted you from creme-only!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KarenD: I think your pictures actually were among the ones that pushed me over the edge! ;) I don't know why I don't wear this one more often.

    @Jacqui: Yes, if you get a chance to grab FingerPaints polishes, DO EEEEEEEET! Which ones have you got? :) I love this because it never looks almost-black. You KNOW it's green.

    @Courtney: YAY! :D Did I not tell you enough about it last year? OMG I didn't want to take it off, I loved it so much. I have many (three) backups ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.