Friday, November 25, 2011

Brown on Black Friday: OPI Get in the Expresso Lane

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying your Black Friday shopping. I can't think of anything worth cutting and shoving people for this year, so I don't plan to venture out for a little bit. Here's a blog post to tide us all over until I do!

When I picked my Thanksgiving mani on Wednesday night, I thought about what I'd worn on previous years.

Thanksgiving '08 = Sally Hansen Maximum Growth in Wholesome Earth
Thanksgiving '09 = China Glaze Recycle
Thanksgiving '10 = StrangeBeautiful Vol. 4 turban orange

So ... berry, grey, and orange -- standard fall colors there. The other fall colors I am loving nail-wise this year are navy, mustard, olive and brown. Seeing as I've covered mustard and olive on the blog this month, I think I was due for brown for some time! ;) And luckily, I've been itching to wear this one since I got it.

I don't remember if this was two or three coats, though -- I was watching "Doctor Who" while polishing ("The Lodger") and talking to my sister. Oops. So sorry!





One day and many washed Thanksgiving dishes later, with SV.











Formula was perfect and creamy, and barely required any cleanup. Win!

I was a little disappointed that it dried a bit darker than the bottle color on me, but not disappointed enough to dismiss it from my stash. It looks brown in most lights, and that's good enough for me! Because of its grey/dark green tones, this seems to be one of the more neutral browns in my stash -- the others appear to lean warmer, chocolatey or nearly vampy. Dupe-wise, I don't have Rescue Beauty Lounge Fortissimo or Zoya Codie to compare -- as an OPI hoor, this one was the obvious purchase for me.

I got my bottle of Get in the Expresso Lane in my AveYou Groupon haul from this August. It's still quite readily available, though, so if you're looking for a good deep neutral brown polish, this is a good one to try. :) I have two more OPI Touring America polishes left to show you, and I cannot tell you how much I love this "boring" collection!

Speaking of seemingly boring things I love, I would like to share with you my new favorite Tumblr, MasterPieceofAss. It's the best thing ever if you also enjoy Masterpiece Theatre (Classic, Contemporary, and Mystery!). How much do I love a man in period film? Well, so much that one of my best friends threatened to send me a costume period male stripper for my 21st birthday.




I agree, Mr. Tilney.

Before I depart, here's a couple of Thanksgiving shots from Casa de Rach. My uncle, a vascular surgeon, carved the turkey. Being the nerd that I am, I will never stop finding that funny.









Thanks for reading, and do stay tuned for something special this weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the green tones to this, it makes it unique to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this on you! I don't really have any brown cremes in my stash, and since this is still readily available, I think I may pick it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't a Filipino Thanksgiving without some PANCIT!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok freak girl! How the heck do you remember what you wore for thanksgiving years ago? That's a little freaky to me! Hahahaha! I love brown polish and have this one! Just found your blog and just had to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah: It's a really great polish! Have you worn yours yet?

    @Jacqui: Thank you! <3 I think you would rock this one. :)

    @Lauren: You know it! We have plenty left over!! ;) I don't think it's possible to cook pancit in small servings. (Not just pancit ... Filipino food in general, really.)

    @Fingers: Thanks for the comment and the follow! Don't ask me, I don't know why I remember that and not how many coats of this polish I used!!! o__O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.