Friday, November 4, 2011

Zoya Racquel, or What's My Motherf***in' Name?!

Here's a hint: it's not Snoop Doggy Dogg. Shocker! :-P

In the time that I have been aware of Zoya nail polish, I also have been aware of the fact that there are some of us consumers and aficionadas out there who whine, bitch and moan about not having a Zoya polish bearing our names.

Now I wouldn't say *I* bitch per se, but I do a good deal of whining about it! Listen, you can have a "Richelle" and a "Racquel," but you can't have a "Rachel"? WHAT IS THIS SHIT?! Don't get me started on how left out the Rachaels and Raquels of the world must feel, either. ;)

Okay, so maybe I didn't make my case as eloquently as I could have, but I picked up Racquel anyway during this year's Zoya Exchange to tide me over. I don't know that it's the right red on me -- at least, not the kind of red I care enough about to try to make it work.





Three coats with Poshe. The very last picture is the most color-accurate, but the brown/red tones against my skin are pretty much spot-on. Yuck.










(click last picture to enlarge)


This red is deeper than these pictures can convey, and leans warm on my skintone (the Zoya website says this is supposed to be a cooler red -- but you know my skintone is totally wackadoo). In some lights, it looks like a cherry red and looks brick red in others. I do think it has too much brown to be considered a true cherry red, which is why I think have to pass on Racquel. As far as deeper reds go, I will just stick with old standbys OPI St. Petersburgundy and OPI Chick Flick Cherry (the latter of which is slightly more comparable to Racquel, just not as brown looking).

The formula was pretty good for a red creme -- although I have very limited Zoya experiences, I've never had a problem in the formula department. As far as this particular brand goes, my biggest issue is finding a top coat that will not only dry within a reasonable time, but also does not shrink. I'm not convinced Poshe is that top coat, though it is the only one I have that cooperates with my Zoyas.

Racquel is part of Zoya's Fall 2006 Provocateur collection. I got this bottle in the Zoya Exchange in April, but it's always available here on the Zoya website and various e-tailers, as well as at your Zoya supplier's. :)

Do you have a Zoya with your name on it, and if so, do you actually like the color? If not, what would you like to see? As much as I would like to see a "Rachel," I shudder to think what might happen there! I don't really know what I would like to see, but there will be no sheers, nudes, pinks, shimmers or glitters for this Rachel, I'll tell you that much.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Lol. Can't believe we both posted within like 10 minutes of eachother, and I just linked back to your blog, so win! Pretty red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain!! No Zoya Courtney :-(. It actually frightens me to think of how they might spell it if/when they finally do. "Kourtney" probably. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of feelings about Zoya's weird naming. Like, really? You have a Cola and a Breezy and a Nova and a whole bunch of other names that not a whole lot of people are named but nothing like Rachel or Courtney or Madeline? I'm pretty sure if they made a Madeline it would be an old lady color 'cuz it's an old lady name. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tara: YAY! I see you wore Barstool already. See, you don't have zombie hands. :D :D :D

    @Courtney: Also ... "Courteney" (as in Cox) :( I hope you get one soon! (And that it is as awesome as you)

    @Madeline: YES! But ... but ... I don't think your name is an old lady name! If anything, I think it's making a comeback. Besides, the first Madeline I knew when I was little was a tiny redhead who lived in an old house in Paris, all covered with vines. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.