Thursday, January 19, 2012

Color Club Secret Agent: "JUST THE TIP!"

The third (!!!) season premiere of "Archer" is tonight on FX at 10 p.m. ET.

I don't get cable, but that doesn't stop me from getting excited. :) I think the name of this polish speaks for itself!

Every photo I've seen of Secret Agent has made it look either too blue or too frosty, so I was rather curious to find out how my photos would come out.

Well, they started out blue, this picture being the best of my first attempt. Good, but not red enough, not to mention being totally unrepresentative of the shimmer.





Three coats with Essie Good to Go. Look at that overnight shrinkage! No me gusta.

Please forgive the horrid ISO/exposure settings and blurriness. I feel these are more color-accurate.











Secret Agent is a cool-toned royal purple (almost blurple -- almost) with very fine blue and pink shimmer. It might be a little frosty, but it's the good kind of frost, i.e., nearly equal bits frost and vibrant metallic shimmer. Because it has borderline frosty qualities, it's not quite as vibrant as Sinful Colors Let's Talk or WetnWild FastDry Buffy the Violet Slayer; it reminds me the most of Sally Hansen XW Deep Purple if the SH were more opaque. The formula is a tad on the watery side but is nothing to worry about.

I'm still experimenting with finding the right top coat for Color Clubs. I've used SV and SH Insta-Dri separately in the past, but my base coat combos were different. Who knows what that might have to do with it. This year, I will find it, dammit!

Secret Agent was a generous extra I received in my second swap with a fantastic MUA NBer. It's from last spring's Alter Ego collection, and part of the "Keep It Undercover" half of the collection that was floating around at Ross, which is where her/my bottle came from.

Sometimes I think this isn't the most unique color, but I don't plan on letting it go anytime soon! I wore it last summer when my Virgo soulmate Jennifer and I went to see Aisha Tyler do stand-up in D.C. Jennifer's met her a few times before and really it was my second time catching her, but this time, I did get this little goodie out of it:




Yuuuuuuuuup. That's a signed copy of the first season of "Archer" on DVD. Jealous? ;)

Talk to me about your favorite top coat for Color Clubs, your favorite "Archer" character (I LOVE Pam, Cheryl and Cyril) or Aisha Tyler project!

If you get the chance to go to one of her shows, stick around after her set to meet her -- though how she manages to be simultaneously gracious and badass, I'll never know. Her "Girl on Guy" podcasts are hilarious and she has a pretty solid variety of guests, so you should be able to find something pertaining to your interests (especially if you're interested in comics, craft beer, video games, etc.). However, since this is a post about "Archer," let me link you to her very first podcast with "Archer" co-star H. Jon Benjamin. Maximize your listening experience by putting this on after a fine dinner prepared by your valet, who will bring you a post-dessert cigar while you clean your guns in your finest tactileneck. (And now I know what I'll be doing this Friday night -- if I can hire a valet for the weekend.)

9 comments:

  1. This is going on my wishlist!!! I need more purple in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And yes -- you totally do. I'm a purple fiend, so consider that a warning ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy! That means a lot -- I feel a little better about the pictures now. :)

      Delete
  3. Archer is the BEST! Does any cartoon come close? Nnnnope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGER ZOOOOOOOOOOONE! (That was my BF's ringtone on my old phone, LOL.)

      Delete
    2. That color is awesome too! (Just finished watching Archer Season 2, and Im pretty sure Barry is awesome LOL)

      Delete
  4. This is one amazing shade! I love blurples. But this one is more metallic than any I have. We have zero places to buy CC which seems odd as I would think it would be a hot seller for any store to stock. Thus, I have to go on line huts for it. I really like most formulations I have. This one is surely going on my hunt list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great color to have! I truly think it's dupey to SH XW Deep Purple, but more opaque and less fussy to deal with. I don't know anywhere to get CCs near me, except for Ross or online, so I feel your pain. Hope you get a hold of this one!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.