Sunday, January 8, 2012

Essie Bangle Jangle, a birthday and animal bling

Today is my lovely friend Courtney's birthday! Please hop on over to her blog and wish her a good one. :) After almost two years of corresponding with this gal on the MUA nail board and the blogosphere, I finally got to meet her last month for honey mustard lunch.

I brought her a Christmas card and a bottle of a top coat I know she uses -- that's just what you do when you meet another NBer, you bring presents! -- and wasn't expecting anything other than free-flowing honey mustard and conversation. So you can imagine how delighted I was when she gifted me with a bottle of Bangle Jangle!

You know how every once in a while, you'll have a perfect mani, as in you're happy with everything from your nail length + shape to the polish to the dry time? This one was it ... not that you can tell from these pictures or anything.

I love it so much. Thank you, Courtney!




Wow, that's an awkward way to hold a bottle. Three coats with Essie Good to Go.











This reminds me of blueberry yogurt (YUM), although the Essie website describes Bangle Jangle as "lavender amethyst." Ooh, fancy. I wasn't sure if this color would go with my wackadoo skin tone, so I'm extra grateful Courtney gifted this one to me. :) The light dustiness of Bangle Jangle makes this work really well on me, sort of like OPI Done Out in Deco, another one of my favorite light purple cremes (please see this fantastic comparison on Cilucia's blog).

The first coat of this polish was a minor streakfest, as was the second. Three helps smooth it out, but top coat will take care of the rest. Trust me, this is no Essie Fiji. It'll be aight.

Bangle Jangle is from Essie's 2011 winter collection, which I think is called Cocktail Bling. I bought two other colors from this collection and I can't say it enough -- Essie's winter cremes always are on point! Given my unexpected love for Bangle Jangle, I'm almost willing to give Cocktail Bling a chance -- light greys are really hard for me to pull off. I can't say enough good things about this one, though. It's such a dreamy, perfect winter-to-spring transition shade, and I see this becoming one of my favorite pedicure colors, too. :)

Oh! One of my favorite "bangles," let me show you it! I got this bracelet at Target in August '09. (I don't know why I remember this.) It was the only one in the store and as I am always on the lookout for awesome costume jewelry, this came home with me, mildly exorbitant $18 price tag be damned.





One more time, huge thanks to Courtney for this polish! By the way, she and her co-authoress Jessie are having a one-year blogaversary giveaway, which you should enter if you haven't already. :) Courtney and I also have something lined up that should get underway very soon -- I'm excited!

P.S. My friend theasiangirl's birthday was yesterday, as well. Happy birthday again, lady! <3

9 comments:

  1. First, let me say that your nails look stunning with this polish, and yes, also shape and length are perfect!
    This polish is of course on my wishlist, and seeing these pictures makes me want it even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bracelet and the polish! Bangle Jangle was one of my favorites from Cocktail Bling and it looks lovely on you. I pretty much only wear costume jewelry, I don't see the point in spending so much money on the real thing. I think my Target is selling a bracelet just like this one right now but with leopards instead of giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks for the lovely birthday wishes!! SO glad you love Bangle Jangle! It looks amazing on you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bracelet! i'm going through a phase right now where all my jewelry has to be an animal or robot.. like little friends haha. & love the polish, too. i never expected to love an essie collection of cremes so much, but i fell HARD for these

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Elsa: What a wonderful compliment, coming from you! Thank you! :) I truly hope this polish makes its way to you soon so I can drool over your pictures.

    @Chelsea: Thank you! I _LOVE_ Winter Essies. And I'm with you on the jewelry -- at least for now. But that's because nothing has really made my heart sing! (And I would rather spend my $$$ on other things.)

    @Courtney: You're so welcome! I bet this one would look good on you, too. <3

    @Sarah: Belated happy birthday too. :) I just love cremes, so I'm happy when someone else knows how I feel, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bangle Jangle is the beeeeeest.


    but I am..smitten with that bracelet! Whoa. I would so wear that with a white watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anna: IT ISSSSSSSSS. I am so happy to have it! Can't believe I passed it up when I got my first two Cocktail Bling polishes. This bracelet was such a random find but it's one of my favorite pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty color! I need to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karen: Thanks! You really should if you have it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.