Thursday, February 9, 2012

OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui

Two years ago, I had the full-sized version of this polish, wore it once, decided it wasn't for me, and swapped it away. A few months later, I bought the OPI Hong Kong Tiny Takeout minis on clearance, and this was part of the set. (I think I've mentioned before that I was really into the packaging.) I was disappointed with how much I didn't like it, considering how unique and awesome and blue it was when it first came out!

Well, I've tried it two more times with the mini in hopes that I would change my mind, and ... yeah. I can't.





Three coats with SV.













You've probably seen this one before. To me, Suzi Says Feng Shui is what happens when you mix cyan with teal and make that a little dusty.

This was perfect creamy goodness, no problems at all. I used three coats, partly because I'm a compulsive three-coater, and partly because I am not good at using mini brushes! If you had the regular full-sized bottle, I really think you could get away with two.

Suzi Says Feng Shui was part of the OPI Hong Kong Spring 2010 collection. You can find it in the core line at Ulta and many other OPI brick and mortar sellers, and it's also easy to track down online if you'd like to buy it there. I'm a pretty big fan of my picks from this collection (and this collection in general -- WAY better than OPI Texas), and I've got one more Hong Kong mini left, Dim Sum Plum.

Here's the funny thing: I'm not crazy about this color, yet I own and LOVE Zoya Breezi, which is considered to be a dupe to SSFS. I think it's because Breezi has a jelly-creme consistency, whereas SSFS is a true creme. As far as this particular color is concerned, I find the creme finish a bit "harsh" on my nails. I don't know how else to describe it.

Did you snatch up this polish when it came out, or do you think you might get it now? Or are you perhaps into feng shui? I don't have an anecdote or anything particularly witty to say about it at the moment, but when I get my own place again, I sure will be looking into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.