Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Orly Enchanted Forest

After taking off RBL Iconoclast, I was still in the mood for something very dark and just as untried. As you know, I am terrible at making decisions, and once again I tasked Anna with choosing between a deep green and a deep plum. (Thank you, bb!)

I've had this one sitting in my stash for the past couple of years -- back when everything I had fit into a train case -- and never used it for some reason. Now I'm kicking myself for thinking I should let this one go!




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast. (This top coat is becoming a favorite, can you tell? It dried true to its name and OH SO SHINY.)










This is a slightly dusty, deep blue-toned forest green that was so unlike any I'd seen at the time! Enchanted Forest never looks black, even in low lighting, and this is a great polish to have if you want a darker green creme without the many coats required by OPI Here Today ... Aragon Tomorrow (I seem to remember four for that one, but I may be wrong since it's been a while).

A lot of pictures I've seen of this one really showcase Enchanted Forest's blue tones. However, those only appeared to me in certain artificial lights, or with flash, so while those other pictures ARE accurate, they're only accurate given those lighting conditions. The following picture shows how it appears under those elements.




The formula on this one was WONDERFUL, just the right consistency for a creme. I cannot rave enough about Orly's brushes and their rubberized caps -- they make polishing ridiculously easy for me.

Enchanted Forest was from Orly's Fall '09 Once Upon a Time Collection. Sweet grilled cheesus, I remember reading the reviews for this on ALU and Scrangie before these had even come out (I think Scrangie's pics are better, but ALU got me more pumped for this collection)! I got my bottle on clearance at Ulta sometime in early 2010, I suspect; this is very easy to find online through swaps, blog sales and e-tailers if you want it, though. There are two other polishes I have from this collection, one of which I loved at the time and the other ... well, I haven't tried it yet, so you might see it soon!

What do you think of Enchanted Forest, or fairy tales -- any faves? I have no idea what mine are -- I enjoy fairy tales, but I LOVE their many permutations.

Take this, for instance:




I remember telling my parents I was done with my homework so I could watch this on TV when it originally aired, and I bought the DVDs a few years later. This miniseries is so, SO awesome. I think it's responsible for my whole "FAIRY TALE CHARACTERS MUST SPEAK IN BRITISH ACCENTS" problem (which is partly why ABC's "Once Upon a Time" does not work for me). And sure, the special effects are cheesy as fuck, but when you have trolls singing and dancing to "Stayin' Alive" and John Larroquette in a forest singing "Whiter Shade of Pale" with some mushrooms ... and the gloriousness that was Wolf ... *sigh*

Tara and I watched this together in December and we had a great time! Tell me, do you love this miniseries as much as I do?

This is my second favorite take on fairy tales -- I'll share my FAVORITE one in another post. :)

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I loooooooove Enchanted Forest! I saw that one in your untrieds and was about to kick you in the pants for not trying it yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably saw a LOT in my untrieds that you wanted to kick me for, LOL! :P

      Delete
  2. this is such a great polish, i love the formula with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I think this and Orly Bloom were the first two collections that made me NEED WANT more Orlys. Such an underrated brand IMO!

      Delete
  3. Yay 10th Kingdom! Your review makes me want this polish even though I hate green nail polish. Visit me sooooon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hatred for green makes me sad ... but not really, because there's more for me! And we should have a "Smallville" party soon. :) <3

      Delete
  4. I have this Orly and think it is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? But knowing you, I bet you cover it up with your stamps and funky frenches! :P

      Delete
  5. SO pretty on youuuuu!! Green is my favorite =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you for choosing it! <333

      Delete
  6. I completely loved The 10th Kingdom. I had no idea that it was available to buy....I'm going to have look for it. Also, that is a lovely green :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's been out on DVD for some time! Get it and ~relive the magic~ :D Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.