Monday, February 6, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Iconoclast

Last year, I wore butter LONDON La Moss when I went to watch the Puppy Bowl Super Bowl at a bar with my BF and some friends from an old job. I don't know what it is, but I love the look of a dark polish in dark lighting, and wanted to do something similar this year.

Well, I think I did gooooooooood. Reeeeeeeeal good.




Two coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.












This polish is a black creme with a subtle shimmer that reflects small bits of green, silver and pink. For the most part, you won't know that the shimmer is there unless you're in bright lighting, though it's kind of cool to know. It's a nice twist.

I had no problems with application or formula here, and this went on opaque in two coats. It dried quickly with Cult Nails Wicked Fast -- another win for Cult Nails! -- which I loved, since my RBLs are a bit fussy. The only way I could get them to dry to my satisfaction without rapid shrinkage was to layer Sally Hansen Insta-Dri over Poshe, and while that worked well, I was looking for something that cooperated with one top coat. Wicked Fast lacked the shine that Essie Good to Go has and especially SV's, but I was so happy it dried it at all that I won't worry about that.

Iconoclast was from Rescue Beauty Lounge's Iconic/Ironic spring collection last year. It's currently sold out on the RBL website, and as far as I know Ji has no plans to bring this one back, so your best bet for this polish would be to check swap lists and blog sales. I got two other colors from this collection that I haven't tried yet, but given the success of Wicked Fast with this RBL, you can be sure to see them soon!

What do you think of Iconoclast? Did you do anything for the Super Bowl? BF and I just hung out at his place and rooted for the Giants. It was fun, but seeing how the game turned out, I think it would've been interesting to watch it at a bar, you know?

16 comments:

  1. Ah I love Iconoclast, great pictures! I find it so hard to capture the microglitter and depth that Iconoclast has, but you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot to me -- thank you so much! It's a great polish. :)

      Delete
  2. I love black polish with a twist! the shimmer in this looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opaque in two coats, too. BAM.

      Delete
  3. I have this and just love it! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Sad that it took me so long to try it!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, Iconoclast. How I love you so. By far, my favorite black. It looks killer on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 This is the most unique black polish I have -- I should've gotten a backup!

      Delete
  5. I didn't watch the Superbowl but I did watch the Puppy Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aberdeen was SOOOOOO showing off!

      And how cute were those pigs?!?!

      Delete
  6. I'm not crazy about Iconoclast, but it seems to just be me. Everyone else seems to love it. It does look great on you.

    No TV=no Super Bowl. I could have gone to a bar, but that would have meant that I'd have been at a bar. I stayed in bed and watched 300 instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How you feel about Iconoclast is similar to how I feel about Under the Stars, so I get it ... kinda.

      I was actually kind of sad we didn't go to a bar, because I love chili cheese fries, beer and the people I went with last year! But as long as you had a nice evening, that's all that counts, right?

      Delete
  7. This looks beautiful on you! Definitely not your average black. I went to a party at a friend's house for the Superbowl where we were mostly more interested in the commercials than the game haha. Also I loved hearing about your latest Corgi goodies on your last comment to me. :) My own Corgi calendar is ridiculously adorable as well! They are just the cutest things EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Sounds like you had a good time (and the Puppy Bowl was on all day, too)! I left my corgi necklace at BF's house and I'm this close to asking him to meet me somewhere this weekend so I can get it back, LOL.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.