Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunshine Award

Things got pretty busy this past week, leaving me too tired to blog. The good news is that I'm STILL wearing Wet n Wild NERDS Need Love Too, with a minimal amount of tip wear and only one tiny chip that you'd never notice. As thrills come, I'm pretty pleased about this because this is the best wear I have ever gotten with a polish from the WnW Wild Shine line without any grossness! \o/ (Next I have to conquer the Sally Hansen XtremeWear line. Yaaaaay.)

But I thought now would be a good time to break out one of my tag/award posts. I don't really do tags, but I seem to have amassed some new followers lately -- hello! Thank you! (How did you find me???) -- and figured this would be a great way to bring everyone up to speed on some Non-Essential Rach.

I did mean to do this one when I got it, but that somehow fell by the wayside. And as per my blogging style, I tend to reveal little bits about myself anyway, so I tried really hard to think of things I haven't already mentioned or don't plan to mention.

First, the Sunshine Award, which was given to me in JULY from my pal Noelie! (JULY. Seriously.)





RULES:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award
  • Write a post about it
  • Answer the questions below
  • Pass it on to ten bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them now

Questions

Favorite color: All of them? I know, that's a terrible answer.

Favorite animal: I want one. I haven't decided how I feel about docked tails, but all I know is that I'll be absolutely gutted if mine doesn't have stumpy little legs. MUST HAVE MAXIMUM DERP!

(Anna Lou of London necklace purchased last summer on ASOS)

Favorite number: I don't think I have one. I get a little obsessive about even numbers, though.

What perfume am I using right now? Nothing -- however, my breath smells like hot chocolate 'cause I just made some!

Something you always wear with you and identifies you: Glasses. (I'm a dork. Also, I kinda need them.)

What's your passion? I was going to say television, but television is a medium under the umbrella that is my love of good stories and storytelling.

Getting or giving presents? Usually, giving them. I try my hardest to make sure I give good gifts! Sometimes I'm late, but it's the thought that counts, right? But if it's a gift from my boyfriend ... GIMME. *grabby hands* He did SO GOOD this Christmas except for the office cold he gave me. Wasn't that nice of him.

What was the last eyeshadow you used? Uh. IDK. Something Tara put on me at work once. :)

Favorite day of the week: It used to be Friday because "Friday Night Lights" used to come on that day. Now it's whatever day I get to do anything awesome.

Are your nails painted right now? Taking Noelie's answer and saying of course! -- this is a polish blog!


I'm not tagging anyone as everyone seems to have received it already by this point, but if you want to answer any of these in the comments, please do -- I want to learn more about YOU!

8 comments:

  1. Are you knocking on my beloved Xtreme wear!? Hahaha I would love to see some of them on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G -- Me? Never! ;) I love the ones I've worn, but I can't get more than two days' worth of chip-free wear from them. If I can manage nearly a week with WnW, Sinful and Revlon, then SH can't be TOO much harder ... right? *facepalm*

      Delete
    2. Oh, weird! I've never had excessive chipping problems with it, but then aagain im not the most reliable source because I change my polish so much lol

      Delete
    3. Tell you what ... you pick a color from the XW line and if I have it, I'll try it out for a few days next week! :)

      Delete
    4. Do you have Pacific Blue? It's one of my favorites out of my entire stash! I've also had good wear and application with it - it's one of the few polishes I've kept on for a week :D

      Delete
    5. I love Pacific Blue! I've worn it before and it's definitely in my Top 20. :) But alas, it's not an untried (which I need to be blowing through, now that I think about it) -- what would be your pick from The Real Teal, Twisted Pink, Concrete, or Mint Sorbet?

      Delete
    6. I just emailed you because I feel bad for spamming your comments lol

      Delete
  2. I will answer all of these and also come to your house in the middle of the night and steal that corgi necklace.

    1) My favorite color is purple.

    2) Favorite animal: Sloths.

    3) Favorite number: Who even has a favorite number?

    4) Perfume: Demeter Graham Cracker. It smells like a graham cracker, like, exactly. I want to drink it.

    5) Something I always wear: When I was 18 and ~super punk~ I had this black sweatshirt that was covered in band patches & bleach splotches that I wore every day but I got rid of it and I don't have anything that I wear every day now except maybe my nose ring? It's not, like, something that identifies me though.

    6) My passion: I'm gonna say stories as well.

    7) Gifting: I LOVE giving gifts and am really good at picking out the perfect present. I'm jealous that your boyfriend is good at picking out presents! Mine is THE WORST. He gave me a flowerpot one Christmas and a set of hideous dinner plates this most recent Christmas.

    8) The last eyeshadow I used: I don't remember.

    9) My favorite day of the week: Saturday. Although this whole unemployment thing means I have no concept of days of the week anymore.

    10) Yes, my nails are painted.

    P.S. I vote Concrete for your Xtreme Wear Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.