Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wet n Wild Wild Shine NERDS Need Love Too

I've been waiting eagerly for this day to arrive because the new Heartless Bastards album, "Arrow," drops today! They're one of my favorite bands -- I got to see them live two years ago and I'm so excited to see them in a few days!

But first, my Valentimes/Galentine mani, because it's TRUE, DAMMIT. We do. In fact, I say we need it more!

(Also, if I can get through this day without yielding to the temptation to watch the heartwrenching, nerd-tastic "Chuck" series finale, I'll consider that a success.)




Four tedious coats with SV.














This polish was a royal PITA, but the name appeals to me on so many levels. Was it worth it in the end?

First of all, this has a subtle blue shimmer that looks more like a flash when you turn the bottle around in the light. As you can guess, it doesn't really translate out of the bottle. Ugh. I don't see the point in having the subtle shimmer at all if it doesn't appear on the nail.

Second, the formula was thin and streaky, which bothered me just as much as its strange smell. I'm even more horrible at describing scents than colors, but this was sort of sweet and cloying. It was a relief to cover it up with some oh-so-chemically-laden SV!

Since it was streaky, I needed four coats to get this opaque, but I still had bald spots. At that point, I did not want to do five, so I hoped SV would even it out a little. When I went to bed, my top coat had dried, and though my mani still looked a little lumpy, it was fine when I woke up, which made me pretty happy.

I generally don't get good wear time with the Wild Shine line, but I've changed up my base coat combo since the last time I donned one, and we'll see what happens.

NERDS Need Love Too was part of the limited edition Sweet Spot collection from late last spring/early summer. I like NERDS (the candy and the real thing). I like polish. I like cheap polish. But it seemed that everyone was finding these polishes at RiteAid, and I don't have one near me, so whenever I'd find a display this one was always gone. I wound up getting this on eBay.

Seriously, what a pain in the ass polish, right? Man, it's a good thing its name is so awesome! Here's the back label to prove it.




This is the first V-day I've spent without seeing BF for part of the day (the first one was a purely accidental alcoholic and TV-fueled encounter). We've been doing the long-distance thing for some time, so I'm used to it. I'm far less upset about not getting to see him than I am about the fact that his Valentine's stalker did NOT send him a dozen roses at work this year -- True story. Giving him shit about it is so much fun, LOL. (I know, I'm bad.)

For a number of reasons, I'm not a romantic sort of gal (I think BF is more of a romantic than I am), but I do like food! So I'm off to meet some family for dinner -- if I can't spend this day with my friends, significant other, or George Clooney, then at least I get to eat with people who HAVE to love me. Or something like that.

Hope you all enjoy whatever your evening holds, and this Heartless Bastards video, "Parted Ways," the first single off of "Arrow." I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS LIVE.


10 comments:

  1. oof, the long distance thing is my situation too:/ you have a better outlook on it than i do, i've been slightly mopey all day;] woops, haha.

    & this polish is pretty, but i'd probably end up throwing it against a wall out of frustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. TBH, long distance suuuuuucks and I don't particularly want to do it again, but we've been together long enough that it's a non-issue (most of the time). I was WAY more sad panda that his stalker didn't send him anything this year, LMAO!

      Delete
  2. It's too bad the application was crappy, but the result is lovely! What a pretty blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! Actually, I'm still wearing it right now! I'm pleased as punch about this. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes. Nerds need a lot of love, because I just need someone to hug me while I cry about how much I miss Rose Tyler on Doctor Who or how I have to wait until May for the Avengers movie.

    I'm so sorry that your boyfriend's Valentine's Stalker didn't send him flowers!

    P.S. Your Valentine is...forthcoming. I accidentally sat on Version 1.0 and that was a glitter glue disaster so it's back to the lab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Rose but then when Seasons 3-4 were constantly "ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE BAD WOLF ROSE" I had to take a loooooooooong break from the series. Catherine Tate made me like Ten again. And OMG, I can't wait for the Avengers ... I've never been so excited to see a movie with ScarJo.

      Me too :( My friend says this lady is probably so crazy she has a shrine to him, but she's missed a couple of years recently and now I'm intrigued, LMAO. Maybe she does voodoo. That would explain a lot of his headaches ...

      No worries about the Valentine ... take your time and send me your address so I can send you a card too! <3

      Delete
  4. I like this one on you a lot! The shimmer's very pretty. Shame about the formula though. Hope you had a good Valentine's Day, despite the absence of the stalker--that's TOO funny haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! :) But the wear time has really redeemed the line to me, so I'm happy. OMG true story, this lady used to send him flowers every year (she did miss two years recently, so I'm curious). If laughing at this till I cry makes me a bad girlfriend, then oh well. ;)

      Delete
  5. Four coats? That's unfortunate because it's quite a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO JOKE. But I doubled up on base coat that seems to have made all the difference with the wear time I've got from this polish -- I still have it on!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.