Wednesday, March 28, 2012

OPI Dim Sum Plum

Today I have another swatch from my Purge Pile for you: Dim Sum Plum, the last of my OPI Hong Kong minis! (The other two I've previously posted were Red My Fortune Cookie and Suzi Says Feng Shui.)

I don't have much to say about Dim Sum Plum other than it's lovely, but not exactly unique. The only reason I find it not quite to my liking is because it leans a little warmer than a shade I juuuust picked up! :3





Two coats with SV.











The formula on this one was perfect -- it's hard to top two flawless coats from a mini bottle! I suppose my earlier struggles with adjusting to polishing with an OPI mini had lessened significantly once I got to this polish, and I had no issues this time around.

Dim Sum Plum is part of OPI's core collection, so it's quite ETF from both brick & mortar and online sellers. Dudes, I can't believe it's been two springs since the Hong Kong collection ... I remember stalking Ulta and our now-closed Trade Secret in anticipation!

Any thoughts on this color? Would you be interested in having me swatch my two full-sized Hong Kong picks in the future?

Hell, do you even LIKE dim sum? I'm okay with it. I wouldn't go to a dim sum place on my own, as I usually have a better time if I go with a group of people. My first legit dim sum experience was when I lived in Seattle for a few months, and my family would hit up this one place after church. Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but when you're Asian and you go to an Asian restaurant, the only customers not using chopsticks are generally NOT Asian. After a few Sundays of having to beg my waiter for a fork, I finally taught myself how to use chopsticks ... so it's not really the food that I remember, but the chopsticks! ~MEMORIES.~

14 comments:

  1. DUDE. Come to dim sum with BF and me. We will order all the right goodies, and yes I will be ordering tripe (but you don't have to eat it!). The only non-Asian using chopsticks in the joint is the BF, lol. And to be honest, he uses them better than me ;_; I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT SAYS ABOUT ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. I think I need to come to to the desert and visit you ... PHX 2013? (haha) And I think my chopstick skills have diminished greatly, so I look a little awkward now!

      Delete
  2. I really like this color! There must be something in the water because all of a sudden I am like, "Hmm, yes, pink, yes."

    Vis-a-vis dim sum, I love dim sum. I am probably doing it all wrong, though. I am probably not eating the right things. If you still lived in Seattle, we could go out for dim sum and you could use a fork and pretend it was in solidarity with your dining companion, the sad, white girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? (Also I just died because I imagined Professor Farnsworth saying "Hmm, yes, pink, yes.")

      I haven't been to a dim sum place in forever and frankly I would just look lost now! ... so your sad white girl definitely would not be alone. <3

      Delete
  3. I loved this OPI collection and this plum is great! I'm sorry it didn't knock your socks off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this collection too! :) It's all good, I'm just glad it was a mini so I don't feel that bad about it!

      Delete
  4. I really love this! It kind of reminds me of a deeper, dustier version of Essie's Splash of Grenadine. Sadly, I've never experienced any real dim sum though I hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on everybody's comments I think we need to meet at a dim sum place, LMAO. That would be a riot.

      And would you believe that I have Splash of Grenadine but I haven't tried it yet? *hangs head*

      Delete
  5. This is such a popular shade in the OPI line. I did not buy it for a long time because I already had I Ate Berries In the Canaries which is a very close cousin to Dim Sum. Dim Sum has more red/pink in it which Berries in Canaries has more purple in it (and the one I prefer most of the 2). You might take a look at Berries in The Canaries...it's a bit more saturated with purple, less pink and no red to the purple - more in the borderline Fuchsia range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have Ate Berries and Lippmann Between the Sheets, which are closer together than this and Ate Berries. I freaking LOVE Between the Sheets, so I think I will love Ate Berries :)

      Delete
  6. I have not the coordination to use chopsticks! This is too pink for me-but I really need to Google this entire collection-since I know none of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This collection was so great "back in the day"!!! You really need to look this up. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.