Saturday, March 3, 2012

OPI Mermaid's Tears

Happy March, and happy weekend! (If you missed my NYC weekend wrap-up, it's here. Please humor me and read it because it took me forever to type!)

Quick post today. I'll be brief: I think this leans slightly too blue for me to like it. TOTAL LOBSTER HANDS. There are so many similar shades that look better on me (Orly Ancient Jade) and not that I need another one, but OPI Thanks a Windmillion might be more my speed as it's deeper, less blue and a bit greyer. (I was going to turn this into a joke about how you could say I like my men that way, but ... WOMP.)

The last three pics are the most color-accurate.





Three coats with SV.

Apologies if these pics look weird on a few nails. That's what I get for using a dying bottle of SV!











The formula on this one was a little weird. It wasn't streaky, but it didn't apply perfectly either; there was some drag on it. But it did dry quickly, and I would recommend it if it wasn't so lobster hands on me. Boo.

Mermaid's Tears was from last summer's OPI Brights tie-in with "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." It's funny how the polishes I was most excited for in this collection (this and Planks a Lot) were the ones that were the hardest to hunt down. They're also the ones I'm parting with! You can buy Mermaid's Tears online from several e-tailers on Amazon and eBay, as well as sites like Nailsupplies.us.

Which polishes from OPI POTC have you kept or let go? I'm hoping OPI's "The Amazing Spider-Man" tie-in polishes will be all that and a bag of ever-so-buttery popcorn. Would it be blasphemous of me to say that I didn't care for the Raimi movies? (Because despite my allegiance to Raimi projects featuring Bruce Campbell, I was kinda meh about them.) And if I'm honest with myself, I hope the new movie has better special effects than what I've seen so far -- there are video games that look better! Besides, I really like Andrew Garfield, and I don't want to regret rooting for him. He's adorable and I want him to do well!

10 comments:

  1. I wasn't in love with this one either, after hunting it down for a while. ahh, such is life. and I'm already drooling over the green in the spiderman collection!! need now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Here's hoping we don't have the same reactions to the Spider-Man ones!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love this one!! The two pink ones on the other hand? HAYUL NAW. I had to get rid of them before they zombiefied the whole rest of my body. Bleh. LoL But that wasn't huge surprise. Pale pinks look like death on me pretty much always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparrow Me the Drama was the only one I flat-out ignored from that collection, but for some reason I HAD to have Steady As She Rose! Riddle me that!!! I know what you mean about pale pinks, though -- pale purples have a zombifying effect on me.

      Delete
  3. I really love this color! This and Jade Is The New Black are what started my green polish obsession. I have the whole POTC Collection, which I acquired slowly over time but this one and Skull and Glossbones were my immediate purchases from that collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmmm, Jade is the New Black = loooooooooove. I think OPI Gargantuan Green Grape and Green-wich Village are responsible for my green problem :)

      Skull & Glossbones was one of the first ones I picked up! That, SASR and Stranger Tides. I have mad love for them, despite having worn only Stranger Tides, haha.

      Delete
  4. Its pretty-but I'm not that huge an OPI fan so I won't rush out and try to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fingers ... but if Bettina came out with a shade like this, you'd be ALL OVER IT :D

      Delete
  5. I did not like this shade or any of the collection last yr when it came out - I did eventually pick up the rose and the purple. But now I adore this shade - maybe because after Zoya photos of Bevin came out it made me think again about this shade. Plus, over this past winter, I finally started to really appreciate and wear green polishes other than just at holiday and St. Pat's day! Out came the few greens I had bought (other than olives which I did wear)...and I managed to find Mermaid Tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad that I'm still coveting Bevin? Oops. And olives ... yes, last year was the year I decided that we went VERY well together, so I know what you mean! I've never hesitated to wear green polish, but I understand why others would need some time to get used to the idea.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.