Monday, April 30, 2012

GUEST POST: Essie She's Picture Perfect + a tasty treat from my friend Anna

My friend Anna isn't an official nail blogger (YET *cough cough*), but I always enjoyed seeing her NOTD photos on MUA and hey, if guest posting will inspire her to take the plunge, I'm all for it! She's been a great friend to me and to Stuff, so it means a lot that she agreed to do a guest post here now, especially since she's so busy with school.

I also don't know if Anna and I were drawn to each other on the board because we like a lot of the same nail blogs, polish brands and finishes (Essie being one of our mutual favorite brands). Her short nails are adorable, and besides, we habitual three-coaters need to stick together! We also discovered we have similar tastes in fashion & style (that is, when I'm not in my t-shirt/jeans/sneakers default) and I always appreciate getting a second opinion from her when I need one. I've mentioned her before on Stuff, but usually with the word "enabler" placed closely by her name.

Anna is a talented baker -- obviously I've never sampled her desserts in person, but everything she posts on the board or on Twitter looks delicious! -- and I wish she lived near me. For now, though, I'll settle for some pictures of one of her favorite cookie recipes, which she'll share with you ... after the polish, of course! :)

* * * * * * *

Hello all!

I am so honored to have been asked by Rach to be a guest poster here on Stuff! I’m super excited to show you my polish choice today. =)

I do suppose an introduction is in order, hmm? My name is Anna. I’m a 21-year-old Michigander, attending Central Michigan University and studying Entrepreneurship. I’m just about to finish my junior year and spend my summer working at my new job!

I’m an avid baker, thrift shopper, coffee consumer, organizer and polish addict (just like everyone else here). My closet is very quickly approaching the capacity to allow me to wear a vintage dress or skirt every day of the week and it’s a GLORIOUS thing.

Anyway, enough about me.

Polish and Cookie time.

Let’s do this!




Just the other day I picked up Essie’s She’s Picture Perfect, from the Resort 2012 collection.  It’s a really pretty greyed lilac purple with pink and purple shimmer.






This is 3 coats (I’m a habitual 3 coater) but had I been more careful, I probably could have gotten away with 2. And as always, my topcoat is Seche Vite.

It photographed a bit more blue than it is IRL but to me, it falls somewhere between lilac and blue to purple hydrangeas. Absolutely gorgeous and totally springy! I’d consider it RBL Insouciant’s sister from another mister, actually.

And now, for cookies.

I have more favorite food blogs than I know what to do with, but when it comes to sweets, I usually turn to Jessica at How Sweet Eats. And these are her Brown Sugar Blueberry cookies.





They're super versatile! Sometimes I add a few cups of oatmeal to the batter or in this case, about a ½ teaspoon of freshly-grated nutmeg. Get into it!

Thank you so much for having me! And I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my life.

P.S. If you’d like to follow me on tumblr, please head over to http://aedvk.tumblr.com/. Just a heads up, I blog a lot of Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Christina Hendricks (woooooo, redheads!), Audrey Hepburn, Julie Andrews, vintage and cottage style, along with loads of other things.

P.P.S. If you’d like to follow me on Twitter, check out @aeDvk =)

* * * * * * * 

Thank you, Anna! Those cookies sure look picture perfect to me. :) I hope this guest post experience was a positive one for you!

Also, it's probably a good thing Anna decided to feature this particular Essie, because I only bought one of the Essie Resort 2012 polishes so far, and She's Picture Perfect wasn't it. I'm sure lemming it now!


For a more substantial scoop on Anna's style, recipes and other inspirations, visit her Tumblr and Twitter at the links below.

8 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so yummy! And your nails look yummy too! I love the shimmer in it - does it translate well on the nail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!

      It's...alright. I found you can definitely see it in sunlight but in other circumstances, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour, I have been contemplating this one for a while now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! but I have a weakness for light purple, lol.

      Delete
  3. I also bought this shade and like it - though I wish more of the great iridescent pink would pop on my nail as it does in the bottle. I usually end up between coat 1 and 2 putting in a pink flakie or the watermelon from last summer's Revlon scented microglitter polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me a lot of Bangle Jangle, which I ADORE. But I agree...I wish it had the same chunky sparkle as the newer Zoya's. But it's completely lovely!

      Delete
  4. Love the polish & those cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.