Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nubar Conserve

Happy Saturday! (And Happy Record Store Day ... I would be partaking, but I just blew a ton of $$$ this week and I don't even know where people go shopping in this town -- all part of my denial that I still live here, really.)

Nubar is one of my favorite brands, but you'd never know it, given that none of his polishes (yep, Nubar is a him) have appeared on Stuff until today. Since Earth Day is coming up tomorrow, I figured I would show you an untried from the Going Green collection of yore. --You know, because 2009 = "yore."




Three coats with SV.












I'm not going to lie: at first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this polish. I LOVE the base color, but the blue shimmer was throwing me off and looked sort of gross in the bottle. As you can see, Conserve is much better on the nail! Quelle surprise. It's definitely going to be sticking around in my stash! I don't know if there are any dupes, but I think Nubar Earth is very similar to Conserve -- the shimmer on Earth is chunkier, if that makes sense.

The formula was fantastic; I have not had any formula issues with any of my Nubars. This is pretty pigmented and if it were just a bit thicker, you'd need thinner. It goes on easily on the nail. Additionally, I get great wear time using SV over Nubar. A couple of years ago, I went almost a week wearing Nubar Stronghold and with very minimal tip wear to boot!

Conserve was one of the greens in the totally awesome Going Green collection for Spring 2009. At the time, I had never seen this kind of variety in green polish offerings; while this may seem unoriginal in 2012, you have to understand that it was new and exciting back then. Going Green was supposedly a limited edition collection, but you can find these polishes on Amazon, eBay, and at the Nubar site. I got Forest on eBay a few months later, and received Conserve as a generous swap extra this winter.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Nubar Going Green collection. Any thoughts on Conserve, or favorite Nubars of the past? What about Earth Day polishes?

--Speaking of Earth Day, the 2012 Zoya Exchange is underway from today until 11:59 PM EST tomorrow night! I placed my order ten minutes after midnight, LOL. I think I put together a good mix of older and more recent Zoya releases, all of which I can't wait to wear. :) For more information about the exchange, read this post on the official Zoya blog.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks lady! :) I liked it a lot.

      Delete
  2. I actually wish more blue showed up on the nail :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, then I think you'd find Nubar Earth more to your liking! :)

      Delete
  3. This is very pretty!! I love greens, almost as much as I love blues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! This collection was a watershed one for me, can you tell? ;)

      Delete
  4. I got most of this green collection but somehow missed conserve! Must remedy that pronto!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.