Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Frozen Solid

Sometime last year, Sally Hansen revamped its Hard as Nails line with new branding, new colors and a new bottle design. I really like the pricing ($1.99), and I've gradually scooped up a few shades. I couldn't justify getting this every time I would duck into Wags for something, but nabbed it when Lynn at Oh So Lacquered posted it on her blog sale.

In addition to my nautical obsession, I have a ridiculous affinity for polishes with an icy/frosty/wintry/snowy motif, which I believe stems chiefly from this:




The fact that I too have high potential and low discipline shouldn't be this endearing.
Also, Jubilee! <3
P.S. The theme music from this show was my ringtone 3-4 years ago.

Also, an amazing little site called "(un)frozen" existed when I was in high school. It was basically a small archive-slash-shrine for our favorite human popsicle at which one could learn a little about the history of Bobby/Iceman, as well as check out some fan art and fanfiction (ohhhhh yessssss), usually in a good-humored vein. I'm busy ugly crying right now because I have no way of finding some old favorite fics there that are lost forever in the vole pit of the Internet. You have NO IDEA how much I miss (un)frozen and its sister site, "Stars & Garters" (about Dr. Hank McCoy/Beast).

(And if I'm being honest with myself, I think Bobby Drake might have ruined my taste in boys a little bit ... if I can't have them smart, funny and smexy, then sweet, funny and occasionally derpy will do me just fine, thank you.)

Wow. Okay. Frozen Solid.




Four coats with SV.










I've seen more than one blog post that's classified Frozen Solid as a sheer foil/shimmer blend. I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the foil part, on account of the texture, which is more like a sheer glass fleck. Four coats will get you to bottle color, though I suspect Frozen Solid is more of a layering polish because of its sheerness. I bet it would look great over Essie Beach Bum Blu or something similar.

You can find Frozen Solid in the core Sally Hansen Hard as Nails displays in drugstores, Target, and even beauty supply stores like Ulta that carry popular drugstore brands. It's $1.99 usually, but sometimes there are Sally Hansen B1G150% off deals or something running and you might be able to get it on the ultra cheaps.

This polish is pretty, but I don't think I'm keeping it. I'm not big on layering, and I prefer to keep polishes that are opaque on their own. What do you think?

More importantly, Bobby Drake: love him? Like him? Tolerate him? DISCUSS. Favorite depiction of him in your medium of choice? Who do you ship him with? (I can't answer this ... I am taking this one TO THE GRAVE, it is so stupid.) --Methinks a viewing of the entire "X-Men: The Animated Series" via DVD will be in order next month.

4 comments:

  1. DUN NANANANAAA NA NA

    I totally remember that episode. And no it's not because I have seen all the episodes on Netflix recently. Nope, not at all.

    Plus Bobby Drake was super attractive in the live-action movies, who was also in my favorite episode of Smallville. CAN I HAVE HIM PLS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I know, if I didn't have the DVDs already I would be jonesing for Netflix instant!

      OMG. He was so precious in those movies, right? Not what I was thinking physically, but EVER SO PRECIOUS.

      Delete
  2. X-Men!!! Love the show and theme song, I think I should take out my DVDs now, haven't watched them in a while! :D

    Too bad that polish is so sheer, looks pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL Fun fact: X-Men ladies is my dream collection. That and a RuPaul's Drag Race one.

      I know! I think it would be good layered, but I don't even want to try. #firstworldproblems

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.