Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tiny violin solo + A SUPER EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT :D

A few posts ago, I said that I was a little stressed out and that some of the only things that would calm me down were blogging and nervous eating (mostly candy -- you'd think I was Fez from "That '70s Show" if you saw me chowing down on a $1 box of M&Ms); I even had a bit of a meltdown on Tuesday. :/

... all because I'm doing this thing where I'm going out of the country to Däs Motherland for two weeks. CONSEQUENTLY:

I'm so excited to tell you that I've lined up
some AWESOME guest posts from some fantastic fellow bloggers and friends in the meantime!

More on this in a second.

First and foremost, this is not a pleasure trip. We are going to visit family (primarily, my only living grandmother). Preparing for this and trying to work around it has been nothing short of a nightmare for my parents, sister and me. On Friday morning, we'll be on our way there, and by Monday I expect to be developing a minor heat rash and major homesickness for Mountain Dew slurpees, Virginia pork barbecue sandwiches and real southern macaroni and cheese.

However, knowing the reason behind this particular trip does little to alleviate my long-standing anxieties about our journey and our stay. I've been three times before -- my last visit was twelve years ago -- and I've never had what I could call a genuinely good time. I always feel like we're rushing, I don't eat much of the native food (here or there), and between the mosquitoes and hot, humid climes, I generally want to claw my skin off. And that's not even going into the seeing family part, which I've always found awkward beyond measure. Adding to this is my stupid but very real fear of being judged ever so slightly for not finding a way to make my American college degree work for me, and OH MY GOD THE FAILURE.

... I sound like a brat and a terrible person, don't I?




(source)


So what does this have to do with what you're about to read for the next two weeks? Why guest posts?
  • One, guest posts will help Stuff from becoming Stale Stuff by the time I get back in two weeks, sun burn, jet lag and all.
  • Two, I've always enjoyed guest posts and never had the opportunity to do them; I thought it might be nice to feature some guest posts for my one-year blogaversary in July, but this trip came first. Additionally, it gives me a way to thank my friends and fellow bloggers for supporting Stuff (and me), and for you, my readers, to get to know my friends, get some new lemmings and find some new reading material!

Now that you know this, I sincerely hope you enjoy the guest posts! I asked some great ladies I know if they would have the time to do it -- they not only got their posts to me before the last day I needed them, but they picked some great polishes as well. I'd like to think I got a good mix of things you would and wouldn't normally see here. Oh yes, there will be glitter, yes. Holos, yes.

Please leave LOTS AND LOTS of comments and follow my friends -- it would mean so much to me and to them, especially because this is the first time some of these ladies have done guest posts! I'm so honored and so lucky that they agreed to take the plunge on my behalf. :)

The first guest post goes up tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. EST (they all will be posted at 9:00 a.m.). GET READY!

Until I come back, you honeybadgers better be good. I will try to do the same.

<3



P.S. Melodramatic, Virgo worrywart me would like you to know that if my any of my planes go down, my friends Krysi and Tara get first dibs on my collection. I also would like this song, this song ("Believe It When I See It" is also acceptable), possibly "Ooh La La" by the Faces and definitely Cat Stevens' "Wild World" and "If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out" played at my memorial service, in that order. The end.

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna miss you lady! Fly safe and come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, next time you go to to the Motherland, I am going with you and we shall be there for much pleasure! Have a safe flight! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart will go ONNNNN :'( Have a safe and hopefully semi-enjoyable trip <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.