Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Zoya Kristen

Hello, new followers! I don't know how you found me, but thank you. Your checks will be in the mail shortly. ;)

So ... y'all know That Zoya Disease where you want certain polishes because the names are your friends' or relatives' names (or are very close to them)? Take that and add it to the apprehension you get when you're unsure whether a color is worth the plunge because you have no idea if it'll look good at you at all, and that juuuust about sums up my feelings re: Kristen.

I was lucky and received it in my most recent swap over the weekend, and couldn't wait any longer to put it on. Kristen is without a doubt one of those "your mileage may vary" polishes -- it can pull blue or grey depending on your skin tone and your lighting. On me, most of the time it looked like a light blue with grey tones; in other lights, it looked like a soft grey with a touch of blue ... a very calming color. (I happen to think this would be a great paint shade for my boyfriend's bedroom, not that he's ever going to paint it. But yes.)





Two coats with my god(dess)send top coat, Cult Nails Wicked Fast.















This was the first Zoya pastel I've used. Oh, pastels. Ick. This one went on thick and streaky on the first coat, but the second coat helped a LOT. Though it was opaque at two coats, it looked kind of lumpy before I put on Wicked Fast, which settled it considerably and changed my mind. In case you can't tell by the ridiculous amount of pictures in this post ... LOVE.

Now as far as dupes go, I don't know if I have one. But here's a bottle shot in case you're wondering how it compares to light grey and a very popular, similar shade of blue-grey:


L-R: Zoya Dove, Zoya Kristen, China Glaze Sea Spray




As you can see, Kristen isn't a true grey, and is more blue than Sea Spray. Kristen also lacks Sea Spray's hidden silver shimmer.

Kristen was from Zoya's Winter 2012 Feel collection that you might have seen a few months ago. It's available for $8 on the Zoya/Art of Beauty site, and I've seen it at Ulta if you don't have a Zoya salon or retailer near you. You also can swap for it as I did, or even wait for the next Zoya promotion.

Do you have a Kristen in your life (this polish or an actual lady)? Anyone else waffling over this color, or the entire Feel collection? Is there a Zoya you feel you need because you have great relatives or ladyfriends with this name? Two of my best friends my senior year of high school were Sara(h)s, and I have a major weakness for shimmery red glass flecks, so it probably will be a matter of time until that betch Zoya Sarah joins my stash!

10 comments:

  1. First off, I really love your nail shape. Seriously.

    also, I saw someone mention on their blog today that they painted their room this color! hah, strange coincidence:] I really like it, it really does makes me feel calm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! That is so sweet. <3

      I think that calming effect is why I keep hoarding this color (and similar shades). IT'S SO NICE.

      Delete
  2. This was the only polish I wanted from the Feel Collection, even though I'm pretty sure I have a dupe or near-dupe of it already. My bedspread is super close to this color so I think I'm just partial to these kinds of shades. It looks fab on you and I love how it can pull blue or grey. I don't have a Kristen in my life but the minute Zoya releases a polish named Chelsea (if they EVER do--c'mon Zoya!), I will be all over it even if it's like, vomit-colored haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I was thinking about Kennedy and Avery actually, but ... no rush. The name on this one was the dealmaker for me. :) I feel you -- I'm afraid that if/when Zoya Rachel ever happens, it'll be a really gross color of bar glitter or something, LOL.

      And thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Soooo prettyyyy. I want Sarah too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 you can borrow this one if you want! Let me know!

      Delete
  4. That is really pretty! The Feel coll didn't really speak to me, but I want all of the True collection. :)
    I'm a new reader! I found you because someone on the MUA Nailboard mentioned your blog when everyone was listing the blogs that they frequent. I hadn't heard from your blog so I had to check it out, and I like what I see! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hi Mnemo! Thanks for the comment and the follow -- it means so much to me that you came here via a rec from a fellow MUAer. :) Hope to read more of your comments!

      Delete
  5. I hate how most pastel/light colors are a PITA to apply-why is that????? I do like this color though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK! Is it the pigmentation? I have no idea, but I'm afraid that's all part of Nail Polish 101. :( This one did behave after top coat was applied, though!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.