Friday, May 25, 2012

China Glaze Hey Sailor

Or as I like to call it ... "haaaaaaaaaaaaaay, thailor."

Tardy to the party, but apparently this week was Fleet Week in NYC, so what better way to cap off a week of NOTDs than with this perfect Anchors Away red jelly-creme? :)

Also, one clunker of a summer popcorn movie came out last Friday ... you may be familiar with it. I'm talking about "Transformers" with boats "Battleship." As much as I would love to see Tim Riggins and Eric Northman together on one screen as sailors from the good U.S. of A., (along with Landry from "Friday Night Lights" and Liam Neeson), I can't quite bring myself to do it. On the other hand, I can see "Battleship" being a legit future drunk Redbox rental, and I almost saw this in the motherland because their ticket prices are low enough that I wouldn't have felt ashamed about it. Director Peter Berg gave me "Friday Night Lights," so I feel a little bit obliged to go, if that makes sense.

Anyway, this color also works out because I was craving a red creme something awful while I was in the motherland.




Two coats with SV.










Just a word of warning: This red leans a little warm, so if stay away from it if you and warmer reds are incompatible!

Sure, this may not be the most original color, but I don't know how you do a nautical collection without a bright red creme! Otherwise, I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about this polish. It's opaque at one coat, though two makes for utter perfection. It's also got a delicious jelly-creme texture, and dries quickly to a glossy shine. I needed another red creme like a bullet to the brain but I HAD to have this!

Hey Sailor was part of China Glaze's Anchors Away collection from Spring 2011. I bought my bottle from TransDesign/nailsupplies.us last year, but you can find this easily at any retailer that sells China Glaze. This is also in the core ChG display at Sally.

Any thoughts on bright red cremes, or any favorite ones for summer? What about the Anchors Away collection? Are there any sailors in your life, fictional or non? (He is and always will be my favorite.) Any plans to see "Battleship"? Are you as worried about Taylor Kitsch's movie career as I am?

No pictures of sailors, but here's the last batch of cell phone pictures from the motherland trip. I call this edition the "yummy" one. I hope you enjoyed looking at these shots (thank you!) as much as I enjoyed sharing them.


























8 comments:

  1. I knew you couldn't go the entire post without naming He Who Has A Great Backside. I'm...gonna go need to watch that series again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forget the polish... I want your filipino foodstuffs. But frlz that red looks PERFECT on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that dessert was the best thing I ate over there. And thank you! I wasn't sure I'd love it, but I do. :)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha oh "Battleship"... One of my friends who just came back from a study abroad in Mexico saw it in a Mexican theater (it came out early there, for whatever reason) and she said it was simply atrocious. Anyways, I like the warm lean on this red. I am with you, I have plenty of reds but there is something very appealing about this one! And your trip pics made me huuunnngrryy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMFAO, I think this is SUCH a legit Redbox rental, and worth $5 to catch at a second-run theater. It seems so ridiculous.

      I have WAY too many red cremes for someone who didn't wear the color until 2 years ago! Oop @ me.

      Delete
  4. You did polish your nails very well, great pictures also! I like youre style of blogging! :) From now on I follow you with bloglovin’, would you like to follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you found me. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.