Sunday, May 6, 2012

GUEST POST: Dollish Polish Cold Winds are Rising from Noelie @ Noelie's Nails

Sunday is one of the best nights of the week if you're a year-round TV aficionada like I am (even if I no longer have cable) -- you get to choose from "Masterpiece" offerings on PBS, "The Good Wife," "Mad Men," "Dexter," "True Blood" (I no longer watch, but it's great with friends), and 2012 Peabody Award winners "Homeland" and "Game of Thrones"!

To get you in the mood for tonight's "Game of Thrones," I've bringing you a Sunday treat from one of my best gals from MUA and the blogging world, Noelie of Noelie's Nails! Noelie is a wonderful friend as well as one of the first ladies I shared my blog with, and I'm so grateful for her both her friendship and her support. :) Noelie is also one of my color family soulmates, since we both adore nearly identical shades of green, blue, purple and everything in between! Lately she's been adding a growing collection of milky glitters to her stash (she calls them her new "Pokémon"), and I hope her guest post here will show you why I consider this Dollish Polish shade "classic Noelie."

* * * * * * *

When Rach asked me to do a guest post for on her blog, I jumped at the chance. I've never done a guest post before! *looks around and waves happily* For those of you who don't know me, my name is Noelie, and I live in Missouri with my husband and our two fur-babies, Brie and Addie. And I guess if I'm here writing a guest post about nail polish, you've probably already figured out that I love nail polish. =)

For this post, I've chosen a polish that represents three of my current favorite things: indie polish, milky glitters and ... "Game of Thrones"! The polish in question is Dollish Polish's Cold Winds are Rising.




Cold Winds are Rising is inspired by the amazing series "Game of Thrones." We are avid "Game of Thrones" fans in our household, so I knew I had to have this polish as soon as I saw the name and the colors. Season 2 premiere night was quite an event in our house -- even Brie and Addie were eagerly awaiting show time!




Cold Winds are Rising consists of several sizes and shapes of blue glitter suspended in a grey jelly base. I should probably mention that there were some issues with the hex glitters in the original formulation of Cold Winds are Rising sort of curling up. That situation has now been rectified, and these pics are of the new formula. If it looks different than other shots you've seen of it, that's probably why.




This was two coats of Cold Winds are Rising topped with one coat of Gelous, then a coat of my quick dry top coat. I was very, very pleased that I had full opacity at two coats and that the glitter was still clearly visible. The formula was a little thick, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I wore this mani for three days and had perfect wear with it. Love, love, love it.




So there you have it, Cold Winds are Rising by Dollish Polish. Thanks so much, Rach, for having me! And thank you to Rach's readers for reading!

* * * * * *

Thank you, Noelie! <3 Despite my usual aversion to glitter, this looks like a polish I certainly could see myself wearing. (And thus a lemming was born ... it is known.)

In addition to posting some lemming-worthy NOTD shots on the MUA nail board, Noelie often shared hilarious pictures of her cat Brie, my favorite non-Maru bratty Internet kitteh. Here's my way of returning the awesome, a hilarious picture of my sister's almost four-year-old calico, Boomer. (The poor baby had a seizure the weekend before we left for The Motherland and all her ER tests came back clear, but I hope she will make a healthy recovery!)



She wasn't hissing, just yawning. But still. DAMN, CAT! LOL.


To see some great blue polishes as well as more of Noelie's new "Pokémon," go visit and follow her blog, Noelie's Nails, by clicking on the link below!

8 comments:

  1. Yay Noelie! Your cats are cute as always! If I wear this, will I feel cool? Because it's warm here :( I dunno if I will get this as I know absolutely nothing about GoT, but it is super neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel cool when I wore it, sadly. I wish that it was that simple. LOL

      Delete
  2. Pretty polish & cute kitties Noelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polish, it's really pretty! Your kitties look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are quite a handful! =D

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.