Monday, June 18, 2012

China Glaze Aquadelic

A funny thing happened last week where I wasn't exactly busy, but still did not manage to find the time to give myself a new mani and thus resulted in me wearing this polish for an entire week. I know.

These photos are kind of funny because I repainted my swatching hand because five days' wear is pretty rough to look at, LBR. You know how sometimes you get that one finger that won't cooperate for any given reason? That was my index finger, hence why this post looks like the ghetto version of a Fashion Polish swatch. Also, I'm sorry about the cuticle oil. I know there are people who aren't too fond of that.




Two coats with SV.






And I guess my index finger didn't look TOO disastrous in this pic ... so here ...




This color isn't particularly unique to my stash, or to anyone else's, it seems. However, it's a more saturated version of popular hues like China Glaze classic For Audrey, and the formula on Aquadelic was a bit more cooperative. It was on the thick side, but workable -- just make sure to use a little bit of polish on your brush so you can avoid pooling. I got some cuticle drag when I first applied this color, but I suspect it was because I didn't wait as long in between coats as I normally do (I was in a HURRY because I was polishing before bed and I wanted to sleep, haha). Dry time was good with SV.

Aquadelic was part of the China Glaze Electropop collection for this spring, and you still should be able to find it quite easily at places like Ulta and other China Glaze retailers (and especially online).

Not much else to say here -- it's a gorgeous polish and it's definitely staying in my Helmer. Did you pick up Aquadelic? What was the last polish you wore for a week?

9 comments:

  1. "ghetto version of a Fashion Polish swatch"

    DYING.

    ily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got interested in this collection after it had been out for a long time and Sally's had only a few in stock. I found only a few of 'em..seemed this collection took me by surprise - too many spring shades out right post holiday and I was not ready to wear brights yet. My fav in this collection has been Gothlic Lolita...have wore it often (esp on toes). I think Aquadelic is a great shade IF you don't have a similar shade already in your collection. Electric Beat(more blue than Aquadellic) is really a good one in my book out of this same collection. I really like Dance Baby from this collection too. Seems many went gada for the green (called Gaga for Green) in this collection as well as Sweet Hook. I like Essie Mojito Green way better than Gaga For Green now that it's out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I keep passing on Gothic Lolita, but I really want it now and I'm STILL passing it up because I'm afraid I might not like it! I got Electric Beat and ... I forgot the other one ... but I'll post them eventually.

      Delete
  3. This color is sooo pretty! I know what you mean though, it's not super unique and I just know I have a similar color but I still want it. :) I can't remember the last polish I wore for a week! Recently I wore RBL Catherine H for four days though, which is a loonngg time for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to replying to my RBL inquiry in your Cath H post, Chels! I am going to try that base/top coat combo in the coming weeks and see what happens.

      And yeah ... it's not unique but I consider this a "staple" color LOL.

      Delete
  4. Aquadelic is one of my all time faves! First time I dragged Husband polish shopping with me I was trying to decide between it and For Audrey, and he was all, "Oh, for--it's the same exact polish!" Then after about 8 seconds of me trying to explain how they're totally different colours, he offered to pay for both of them if it meant he could get out of there faster. I graciously accepted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, that was a funny and extremely relatable anecdote! TOTALLY NOT THE SAME COLOR, NEVERRRRRRR. And hey, keep those paid offers coming! :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.