Saturday, June 23, 2012

Color Club Wild Orchid

Another short and sweet post today for yet another polish that I wasn't crazy about. I had the WORST lemming for this last fall and the worst time trying to capture it on camera when I finally got around to wearing it earlier this past week. I'm gonna start out with the good picture first, and work my way down to the ickiest.

Okay, see ... here's what most Wild Orchid swatches looked like, and how I so badly wanted it to look on me.




Three coats with SV. Apologies for the odd top coat shrinkage/tip wear on my middle and ring fingers.

Instead, the lavender tones of this light grey wash out my skin tone a little. Additionally, I found that the shimmer looked flat and didn't come out to play with me in natural light. (WHAT?) Observe:






Don't get me wrong ... this polish is nice!, just not as nice as I had built it up to be in my head. If I wanted a grey with lavender tones, I would have gone with my faithful bottle of American Apparel Factory Grey (though FG is a creme). And as for the shimmer, WELL. It reminded me a little of the shimmer in the RBL Tudor collection, if the shimmer had been a dud.

You know what this means?




Wild Orchid is from the Indulgence set of Color Club's Untamed Luxury collection for fall 2010. I know I bought my bottle online, but I can't remember if I bought it from TransDesign (now nailsupplies.us), 8ty8, or head2toe. In any case, if you are wavering on this shade or any other Color Clubs, these sites all sell them for super cheap -- always less than $3 a pop.

Et voila, c'est fini. Do you or do you not share my feelings about Wild Orchid? Will I ever go back to wearing a polish I actually like? (Answer: YES. I have it on now, and it is amaze.)

Anything fun going on this weekend? I'm going on a haunted walking tour tonight, but whether I'll be besieged by 2x4s (à la the "Ghost Adventures" crew) remains to be seen. If you watch that show, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Ridiculous.

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I got this one forever ago. I was not a fan. Looks pretty on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe get this one out in the fall and try it again. It seems a bit dull for right now. I know what you mean about hoping it had been more. I certainly have lusted after some shades, finally got them only to be less than enchanted. Now I really need to go through my stash and weed out a ton of 'em, including those like above mentioned and the tons that I don't wear and never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't think I'm going to bother waiting for fall ... I have a couple other greys I want to try out :D

      Delete
  3. I love this! I really need to add it to my wishlist. It's such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Emailing you now.

      Delete
  4. I like this but I'm with you, it's ok. Should have more purple or just change the name to "yet another grey."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? BLAH. Gonna go hug my bottle of Factory Grey, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I get really sad when people don't love colors that I love and I love Wild Orchid so I'm just gonna go cry in a corner now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooooooooooooooooo I didn't know you loved this one! That's okay ... this is how I feel about every creme ever <3

      Delete
  6. I hate that when you want something SOOO badly only to have it flop on the nail! I like this color but I agree--wish it had some more purple to it to make it unique. Also, perfect .gif usage! I am a secret Ru Paul's Drag Race fan--such a fun show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love that show so much, I can't keep these .gifs to myself. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  7. I am not a watcher of those ghost shows, although I was just told my brother in law was interviewed on one of them! So I need to figure out which show and tivo it so I can see him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE yes find out! That sounds hilarious.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.