Monday, June 11, 2012

Inglot 710

Bright colors and especially neons are can't miss, popular picks in the summertime, but one color I've always loved during summer (and early fall) is navy. I'm not sure why. There was a period last year where navy essentially was my new black.

This summer, I'm kicking off my navy kick with this matte polish from Inglot. I got this two years ago in a swap with a wonderful MUAer and wasn't sure what to expect from this matte (Inglot's cremes are some of my favorites). All I knew was that Piff has got some mad love for this particular shade.




Four coats. Three will do, but I messed up on one finger and decided to cover it.







And with top coat:





The first coat of this polish went on thin and a bit streaky (though maybe it was my base coat), but it builds up very nicely. 710 dries to a satin-matte finish. I can't speak to the wear because I took this off shortly after swatching this. I'm not a matte person and I haven't decided whether I'm keeping this polish yet, but I have to say this one didn't scare me off entirely -- it must be because it wasn't a chalky matte, but a semi-matte.

If you go to the Inglot Website, you can try to find a store location in or near your country. I think in the U.S., some Inglot shops are in Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle ... and the main one in NYC. I wanted to hit up that place when I was there in February, but I didn't have the time and I was with guys who like me, just not quite enough to let me wander all over the city for nail polish. ;) You can order polish and other products at the Inglot USA site here, but keep in mind that the product images aren't great, so unfortunately you don't have a good idea of what you're really getting into. I'll try to get my other three Inglots up here on the blog if you're interested in seeing more.

Any thoughts on this Inglot? Have you tried the brand, or would you like to? What about matte polishes? Favorite nontraditional summer colors? TELL ME ALL OF THE THINGS.

5 comments:

  1. I received an Inglot lime green polish in a swap. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I would love to see that lime green! I think Inglot's polishes are vastly underrated. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like wearing shimmery, dark colors during the summer because it's the only time I get to see/appreciate the shimmer. I like wearing brights and neons during the winter because it's so dreary outside that I need something bright to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment because you have reminded me that I need to put on OPI Black Cherry Chutney soon (as well as a few others in that vein)!!!

      (Also, I feel the exact same way about brights and neons in winter! HI ARE YOU ME)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love blues like this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.