Saturday, June 2, 2012

Zoya Myrta

Every now and then, something will come along that I want to like ... but after trying it, I find that it's just not for me. Sometimes I'm (very colorfully) disappointed about it and other times, I shrug it off and move on. Music-wise, it's Mumford & Sons (I couldn't get into any of the songs I heard). TV-wise, it's "Downton Abbey" (take away the frills and the cast, and it's too soapy). Clothes-wise, it's V-neck shirts (they don't look good on me -- perhaps I haven't tried the right one.)

Today in the polish category, it's Zoya Myrta, an orange coral foil from Zoya's Surf collection.




Two coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.












Ordinarily I would be all over this polish since I love red-orange corals and I love foils, but this is just not doing it for me. I guess any orange shimmers that are less red/coral and more yellow are a better match for my coloring. I think there's a bit of a pink flash to the foil that I'm not crazy about.

The formula and application were top-notch on this one. I don't know if it's a foil thing or a Zoya thing, but I had no complaints whatsoever.

I re-homed my bottle last week, but you can buy Myrta for $8 at artofbeauty.com, at Ulta, or at a beauty supply store that sells Zoya. I bought it in April during the Zoya Exchange promotion for Earth Day for $4, and I'm sure you can snatch this one up easily during the next Zoya promotion-fest.

Is there something that you thought you'd like, only to find that you didn't, whether it's a polish, a band, a TV show -- anything? Have you had any misses in the Beach & Surf collections so far this summer? My other two Surf picks from the Zoya Exchange were winners, and when you get down to it, two out of three ain't bad.

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean on this one. It is a pretty color but I can't think of a skin tone it would look good on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've seen it look good on some people, but again a lot of the swatches I saw led me to believe this would be more red and less coral than it was. Womp womp.

      Delete
  2. I pretty much love both sides of this collection, but I think with Myrta the combo of the red-orange and the shimmer-foil might be a little "busy" for most skin tones. These foil particles are pretty, but they do kind of tend towards frost, which I think might actually take way a little from the bright, summery colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right!! IDK, I like the foil but perhaps it would've been better as a glass-flecked finish.

      Delete
  3. I like two of Mumford's songs A LOT-but then the rest of the album is all slow and sappy. I was hoping to like them but was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shade, I just can't get into them either. Glad it's not just me!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.