Monday, July 30, 2012

NEW: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear For Sher-bert (Tout Sorbet)

It's no secret that anyone reading this blog might have a slight nail polish problem. Part of said "problem" is how it affects your shopping habits.

Recent example: A few days ago, I blogged about seeing Wilco perform at Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA. Well, one of my best friends from high school lives in that area now, and we decided to go partially so we could spend some time together, which was nice because we hadn't seen each other since Christmas. I drove up to Vienna from Richmond early in the afternoon because I-95 can be a Clusterfuck of Epic Proportions at any given time, and I wanted to give myself some padding for traffic and various unforeseen conditions.

... conditions like nail polish shopping. I arrived in Vienna maybe an hour or so before my friend got out of work. How, oh how, would I ever pass the time? Yeah, you know where this is going. DANGER, WILL ROBINSON. DO NOT PASS GO. "Should I get a snack and some caffeine?" I asked myself. "OR SHOULD I GO STALK SOME DRUGSTORES FOR POLISH???"

I hit up RiteAid first, but I wasn't feeling it. Walgreens was the next stop. And then I saw this Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear display of limited edition summer goodies, and I knew I was in trouble.




These polishes looked extremely close to existing core Xtreme Wears, and I thought that perhaps the finish of these puppies would be different. The caps on these polishes also were darker and less reflective than Xtreme Wears usually are.

So I grabbed one. For science.

Here's For Sher-bert. All of the bottles in this display had the usual Sally Hansen labels, one label with the polish's name in English and the other label in French. So if you see "Tout Sorbet" in my photos, that's what's up.

This dried semi-matte, which led me to believe this polish had to be a some kind of neon. I'm not sure what was going on with my ring finger, but I'm willing to guess it was a bubble in my base coat combo. I used three coats here.






And with SV. So squishy!






The formula was lovely and you don't have to work super-quickly with this one because it gives great coverage. I guess I'm just curious as to the true finish of the polishes in this collection: Are they neons, or are they meant to be mattes??? Does anybody know?

Now we've come to the part where I get a little irritated with myself because I already own a few squishy reddish corals! In all honesty, this saddened me because it looked like a rosy reddish coral jelly in the bottle, but went on more red-orange neon on the nail. I'm willing to bet it's a skin tone thing. (Darn you, yellow skin tone.) Or maybe it's a neon thing? I don't know, but it takes on rosier reddish tones in low lighting. And because the color was a bit more orange-red on me, I have to let this one go on account of last one in, first one out.

Now that you know how I feel re: For Sher-bert, what about you? Were you drawn to this display, or did you buy any of these polishes? Do you have a red coral problem? Do you also find yourself stalking polish when you have the time?

Sirius the Sheltie, my friend's fluffy ham and a half of a dog, thanks you for reading and wishes you a happy Monday. (It was actually a Wednesday morning when I snapped this, but he's so cute I couldn't keep this photo to myself now, could I?)






Silly sheltie. I love him!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my good word, I HAVE to have this polish. Your pics are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne -- I hope you can find it soon!!

      Delete
  2. Oooooooooh, this is purty. It's so shiny and juicy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady(flash)! <3 I KNOW. I had the sads because I have WAY too many of these!

      Delete
  3. I do like this shade. Can say I would not pick it up because I have a bevy of similar shades. About the matte - ya never probably will know unless you run into a magazine or on line campaign from SH that refers to this collection as being neon or neon like. But am with ya when it ends up it's a bright and looks like this before a top clear coat..it's apt to have some neon pigments in them but maybe not enough to declare it a neon collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was just hoping it would be ~different? Oh well. I wonder what the deal is with this ... guess I'll wait for swatches of the others in this collection.

      Delete
  4. I was also tricked by these polishes. I picked up the darker fuschia looking one and couldn't wait to try it out. But, then I was sad. It took like 4 coats to look like the color in the bottle and even with SV on top it was a little disappointing. I added some glitter and stamping to try to spruce it up...I'm still not happy with it though. :/

    Funny still is that I didn't realize the names were on the bottle until you pointed that out. Normally they have stickers on the cap. Haha. I can't wait to get home and actually see what this color is called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man! I'm glad you found this post, then! Like I said in the post, the colors did seem awfully similar to the core Xtreme Wears, so SOMETHING had to be different, right? Was the finish of your fuchsia polish satiny-matte like mine at first?

      It did strike me as odd that the names weren't printed on top of the cap because usually the limited edition polishes only have the names on the cap, not their line numbers (or whatever those things are called).

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was almost jelly like. Very similar to your photos.

      I also have the green, but I haven't tried it yet. Now I have two things to do when I get home. :)

      Delete
    3. Verrrrrrrrry interesting! Thank you for sharing this with me. :) Let me know how that green works for you!

      Delete
    4. Oh and I totally do the same thing with the getting places early just in case there are stores around that I can polish shop. A few weeks ago I was meeting a friend at a bridal store which I knew had an Ulta across the street. Oops, I got there about 45 minutes early and I just happened to find a coupon in my purse. ;) I raided the clearance section. It was great.

      Delete
  5. I wish I understood the I95 phenomenon. I drive it every day from exit 110 south to downtown Richmond. An hour each way. Why is ere clusterfucks when nothing is happening? And what's with riding the left lane in the rain going 2mph?!? I esp hate it in the summer with all the vacation idiots out there! Oh and thank you for buying this purely for science.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People don't know how to drive? IDK. When you get closer to D.C. and the beltway, you better hope you've already gone to the bathroom.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.