Monday, July 2, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Decorous

Happy Monday! And happy July, what whaaaaaaaat.

I decided to tidy up my Helmer and its contents while my power was out this past Friday night/Saturday morning ... because that's what you do when you can't vacuum, do laundry, or iron and you're too damn broke to see "Magic Mike" ... amirite u guise? In the process, and partially because I wanted to wear more RBLs after noting in my last post that I had some yet-untried RBLs from previous releases, I chose a couple of RBLs to test drive this month.

Today, we have Decorous, a RBL polish I am significantly less ambivalent about than I was re: Faraway Nearby.




Two coats with SV.








And the verdict is ... I didn't like it. To be exact, everything about this polish was perfect, except for the color. I have been known to hang on to polishes with difficult formulas/dry times/etc. if the color was right on me, and Decorous just wasn't. You may not be able to see it going by these photos, but it had a tendency to blend into my skin tone (not my favorite look). According to Tara, I have a taupe problem -- which is true -- but when I prefer the look of OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle to this, then ... yeah. Too bad, because the formula on this RBL was perfect, the secret shimmer was perfect, the dry time was perfect. I'm not bugging, though, because I've liked more RBLs than I haven't liked them. In my experience, it's a pretty solid brand.

Decorous was part of RBL's four-piece Iconic/Ironic collection for Spring 2011. As of this post's publication, Decorous still is available for $18 on the Rescue Beauty Lounge site.

The funny thing about the fact that I'm letting go of this polish is that it was the only Iconic/Ironic polish I chose not to order (or did I preorder them? I don't even remember at this point) last year. I only ended up buying it this spring when I preordered my Fan Collection picks, partially because I wanted free shipping and partially because I know a thing or two about RBL regret. In any case, that's two out of four RBL Iconic/Ironic polishes down, two to go: Insouciant and Recherche. Do y'all have a preference as to which you'd rather see first**?


**And by first, I totally mean "before the end of July."

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love Decorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also seem to have a really limited range of taupes I can wear well. Taupes need to be warm for me to pull them off well, thou sometimes I can wear the cooler ones OK on my toes. On my hands they tend to give me lobster hands; or like you indicated, just blend into my hand in a bad way vs a good old manque hand look of yester-year. This RBL is a good example of a taupe I also could not pull off well. With the price of RBL's it's not a shade I would pop for. I might play with it if it were a China Glaze because of the price point. Hope you have no more power issues coming up. I hear some who who power now might loose it again as they work to distribute power. I guess I never read my RBL email alerts well enough to see any free shipping on pre-orders. That makes a difference for me often as to if I get something or not. Assuming that you are asking what shade we want to see first from the FAN collection? I am drawing a black (without looking at the RBL site) which shades are even in the FAN collection! I can recall the Georgia one and the Blogger one - but not the FAN collection...I need to go over to their site and look - maybe what I am calling the Blogger collection is their FAN collection. If so, I totally missed out on that amazing blue one with the copper in it. Am hopeful they will re-release it like they have a few times with their Scrangie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all -- there's no free shipping with preorders, only with any order over $100. Just wanted to clear that up! :)

      And you're thinking of the Blogger collection w/ Mismas, Scrangie, ONS. The Fan collection came out this spring with Cuprum, IKB: 2012, Halcyon and Aqua Lily. Yeah, taupes are such a hit or miss with me but I'm sending this one off to a loving home.

      Delete
  3. Taaauuuupe. I miss you! I don't own any taupes! MWHAHAHAHHAHAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I MISS YOU I NEED MONEY TO COME SEE YOU

      Guess what color I'm getting you for Christmas. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA <3

      Delete
  4. Aw, it's a shame you didn't like it, because it looks great! I can't usually wear taupes, so I understand. I say post Insouciant first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naz!! And okay -- looks like I will do Insouciant before the end of July, I will dedicate the post to you! :)

      Delete
  5. I have this one and love it! But I am a brown lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... now if RBL had a shimmery chocolate brown ... yesssssssss.

      Delete
  6. EITHER OR. BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH WONDERFUL. Caps was totally necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.