Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant -- for Naz!

When I swatched RBL Decorous earlier this month, I asked you which of the two remaining unswatched RBL Iconic/Ironic polishes I should try first.

Naz over at Naz's Nails (I love her blog!) wanted to see Insouciant. Her wish is my command ... or something. It's not like she had to twist my arm too hard, because this polish is TDF and I'm firing myself right now for not wearing it earlier.




Three coats with SV.








Insouciant has a perfect smoky, greyed-out lilac/lavender creme base with a subtle blue shimmer that appears like a blue flash in certain lights. Any time encounter with a purple like this (light and/or smoky) is a welcome one, since I tend to have zombie hands ... but polishes like these have been an obsession of mine since OPI Parlez-Vous OPI? (which never should have been discontinued). In my eyes, the dusty/smoky thing Insouciant has going on takes it just out of the pastel category. Ugh. It's so beautiful.

The formula on this baby was absolutely perfect. I think you can get opaque coverage in two coats, but I am a compulsive three-coater. It went on like butter, had an average dry time (I'll take that over slower than molasses), and wore without chipping for four days. There was slight tip wear but until I start washing dishes with gloves, that's to be expected.

Unfortunately if you're looking for this polish, Insouciant is sold out on the RBL website. Ji has no plans to bring it back Correction via Anna: According to the RBL blog, this is returning as a Bring it Back, presumably sometime in November. Thank you, Anna! IDK how I missed that! Until then, your best bet would be stalking swap lists and blog sales -- and no, I won't be putting my bottle up for either. As my friend Janice says, it would take an act of Congress for me to get rid of my RBLs (well, that and extreme color incompatibility ... see RBL Decorous). But if these swatches aren't enough to make you want this polish, allow me to direct you to Kristy's. Her pictures of purple polishes can't be beat!

Insouciant: everything it's defined to be, or missing something? I'm all about the former. Naz, I especially hope you enjoyed this! More importantly, I'm now 3/4 of the way through the Iconic/Ironic collection (scary), so I think I'll bring out Recherche soon to celebrate.


P.S. If any of you want to help me make some more decisions, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and I need to decide on a new pedi color that will coordinate with one of two prospective outfits. Do I keep it classy with Zoya Bevin (re-wearing what I wore to a wedding in March -- purple and cream), or do I go bold and bright with Cult Nails Devious Nature (re-wearing what I wore to a wedding in May -- blue, orange and pink)? I'm siding with the pink right now but I never can have too many external opinions.

18 comments:

  1. Aww that's a bummer Ji won't bring it back... This color is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia -- my friend Anna says Ji is bringing this back in November! Sorry for the misinformation!

      Delete
  2. Nope, it's coming back in November! (and I will be buying a backup!)

    http://blog.rescuebeauty.com/happy-holiday-in-may/

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to ask you first before I post any RBL info, k? K. THANK YOU <3

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this is amazing! I love the blue shimmer in it. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it was definitely worth the $18. :)

      Delete
  4. your nails are so perfect looking! and that color is seriously amazing. that blue shimmer is so incredible! i love naz's nails too, she has such pretty swatches <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This means so much coming from you because I love your photos! I love RBLs, it's one of the few brands I will splurge for. :)

      Delete
  5. This is just perfection in color...it's what I have wanted a # of shades I have bought to be but they all went on much darker and lost the great pink shimmer to anything but really strong light and a good imagination! I am thinking this is one of 'those' that RBL sold out of ASAP? I need to check again. I know the blogger shades (2 of em) were crazy nuts goners. This is kind of what the ChG Jungle Queen should have been - it's an example of 'one of those' that had possibilities but went too dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally saw Jungle Queen in person over the weekend, and you're right. Ugh. I'll stick to my creme versions (Essie Smokin' Hot and SH XW Grey Area). :)

      And yeah, this was released for Spring 2011 but sold out fairly quickly. Anna has informed me it's coming back in November, though.

      Delete
  6. SUPER pretty, especially the last pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I LOVE IT. It's so pretty!! And for some reason, your posts are showing up in my Google Reader super late? I just saw this today D: Thank you though <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's just me -- a lot of posts from other bloggers in the past few days have been taking a while to show up in GR. Huh. You're totally welcome! Anything else you'd like to see? :)

      Delete
  8. I have this and just love it. It is a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am counting the days until this is available again. I just picked up the HTF Parlez Vous OPi on eBay, and I need this too! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I hope you were able to snag Insouciant form the pre-order. Totally worth it!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.