Thursday, August 16, 2012

Early and often: FingerPaints Fall of Surprises! + China Glaze Harvest Moon

Everybody get out your boots, scarves, football gear and pumpkin recipes, because I'm bringing you fall a little early today. For the record, you have no idea how excited I am for Starbucks's pumpkin spice lattes -- this kills me inside because I have a love/hate relationship with Sbucks -- I'd put their return date down in my corgi calendar if I knew what it was!

China Glaze Harvest Moon debuted this spring with the other "Hunger Games" Colours from the Capitol polishes, but it screams fall in my mind. I mean ... just look at the name. Supposedly it represents District 9's main contribution, grain. To me, Harvest Moon was one of the standouts from the Colours in the Capitol collection, which really says something because I usually can't pull off colors like this. It's not too warm or too cool for me, the formula was perfect, and I LOVE the foil finish.




Three coats with SV.






I bought my bottle of Harvest Moon at Sally's at the end of February, but you might be able to find it on clearance there. And it's really not HTF online at all.

So remember when I said I picked up three of the new LE FingerPaints fall polishes? (I posted Fall-ing for You last week.) Bet you didn't think I'd pick up a GLITTER, didja?

Yeah, neither did I. But look here ...




This is three coats of Fall of Surprises! with SV and without any base coat. There are two types of glitter in Fall of Surprises, a larger hex glitter and regular smaller glitter. It covers quite well on the nail, more fully than the Essie Luxeffects glitters or even the Sephora by OPI glitters, and if anything, you might have to take care not to overload your brush. It doesn't dry completely smooth on the nail, though I don't think it's anything Gelous + SV couldn't fix, and that's better than having it bumpy or gritty, amirite? To better give you an idea of its coverage, the pinky finger is one coat, the ring finger is two coats, and the middle finger is three coats.






Here are some more pictures of Fall of Surprises! at three coats with SV and no base coat.






Now here's what it looks like over Harvest Moon ...




ONE coat of Fall of Surprises! + one coat SV over three coats of Harvest Moon.










Let's just say I plan to wear this combo again in the fall, every fall from now on.

8 comments:

  1. Crying from fall perfection. I love this on you, so much.


    HURRY UP PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE. And also, the pumpkin spice coffee creamer.

    Maybe I need to bust out the sweet potato pie...first day of fall treat, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL THE (GREAT) PUMPKIN THINGS <3

      Delete
  2. Darn it! I almost picked this up and now the Sally's I just went to doesn't have it! I love the copper glitter, now I must hunt it down at another Sally's gr....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I hope you're able to find it, girl! It's so goooooood.

      Delete
  3. You are not alone in thinking a # of the shades from ChG Hunger Games collection shouted fall. The collection did not sell all that well - seemed tons of them were in the last big sale bin Sally's had. I picked up a # of the Hunger Games colors - this one and Riviting I know I thought fall and never wore them yet. And ah - just the thought of Pumpkin spice Lattes as Anna said above has me salavating - not for fall as we hardly get any fall weather here - it's hot, then more spring like and pouf, we hit winter where I live. I love fall and miss the time I lived in New England..but I surely get my dose of all good things pumpkin in fall despite where I live now has next to no true fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep seeing these in Sally clearance bins. And one Ulta near me had a whole ChG RACK of just Riveting. I love Riveting and I'd already bought a back-up, but I don't need a whole RACK of it.

      Delete
  4. Wowza. This is awesome! Pretty much anything copper calls my name, so this is irresistible. I've gotta try this combo for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going through a bronze/copper thing this summer. It's so odd. And I hope you try it -- I'll be waiting for your post! :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.