Sunday, August 19, 2012

Revlon Gold Coin

Whoa! 200 GFC followers! Thank you so much, you guys. I'm just glad someone else enjoys my little corner of the interwebs. As I said to my man, 200 is SO not bad for someone who takes pictures with her phone and rarely of glitter. But really. Thank you! I don't really have an NOTD to mark the occasion, and I already had this post scheduled to go, but I'll try to come up with something later.


Somehow I ended up with four gold foils while searching for my perfect gold foil last year. FOUR. There's nothing wrong with this one and I feel kind of bad about letting it go because Madeline really likes it ... but ... four. Trying to pare the remaining three down to TWO will be bad enough.

The first two pictures are the most color-accurate. It rained after I got the sunny pics, and I really would have liked to get more of those. I give up with Virginia weather.




Three coats with Poshe.







Not too much to say here -- this is the kind of yellow/champagne-y gold foil that I like because it's not too warm on my skin tone. This had an average dry time with Poshe and dried to a smooth finish. Two coats would have been enough for opacity, but I messed up two fingers and went with three. The formula on this one was a bit watery compared to Orly Luxe and even China Glaze Midnight Kiss, and I feel like the foil particles in this Revlon were a little closer to the ones in Orly Luxe. I have Luxe and I love it, so I don't need to keep this.

Gold Coin debuted late in 2010 as part of Revlon's Heavenly Metals collection with Silver Dollar and Copper Penny. I think I bought mine at CVS back when I thought this was going to be limited edition and I didn't have Orly Luxe yet. However, I'm pretty sure this is a core Revlon shade now. It's a really good polish if you're looking for a gold foil and you can't find Orly Luxe (I prefer the Orly because I think it's a little more opaque).

What's your favorite gold foil? What was the last polish you gave up because you had similar ones that you liked better? I think every polish collector should have at least ONE gold foil in her stash ... I find that golds are more of a staple metallic for me since they're fairly versatile.

Happy Sunday and thank you for reading! Mwah. xo

12 comments:

  1. Ya know, I don't think I really have any true gold foils in my stash. A travesty!! Being a huge fan of Revlon, I am going to have to pick this bad boy up. I'll keep my eyes out for the Orly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that there are so many different shades of gold that you'll have a lot to play with! The bad news is your wallet may not enjoy that. :P

      Delete
  2. Ya mean I am not the only one who ends up with 4 like polishes within the same year? Some reason gold foil does not look great on me - hard to wear - I end up looking/feeling like a cheap holiday ornament. Guess I have not found my perfect gold foil yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking! There's so much to choose from out there.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gold! It looks awesome. The only gold foils I have are Color Club Antiquated and China Glaze Midnight Kiss. I haven't worn them yet and I'm not sure if they're true golds, but they're really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Oh, I love Midnight Kiss -- I posted my swatches back in December. I'm not parting with it (yet).

      Delete
  4. congrats on you blogging milestone! This polish is stunning on you Rach ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy! <3 Thanks for being a great blogger friend.

      Delete
  5. COngrats on the 200! You know I love your blog! I actually only have one gold polish and it's Joe Fresh and I couldn't tell you the name of it. I'm a silver girl-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fingers! Yeah, now I gotta pare down my silvers. Oh boy.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on 200 followers!! Gold Coin looks awesome on you. I've not tried this one, but I have and love Copper Penny. It's a one-coater! I did pass on this one though, since I have Orly Luxe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naz! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Luxe. You know, I wouldn't have bought this one if I'd gotten Luxe first.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.