Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard Cash

Happy Saturday!

Bet I forgot all about my quest for the perfect apple green shimmer, did you? I didn't. The truth is I got pretty wrapped up in my metallics craze! And then of course there's real life, which is about to make me so poor that I'm hoping this polish isn't the closest I'll be to having cash on my hands.

Without further ado, Hard Cash, from Sally Hansen's revamped Hard as Nails line.




Four coats with SV.







Now THIS reminds me of an apple blow pop, albeit a sparkly one! I wouldn't call this a true glass fleck although it has a slightly murky apple green jelly base -- the shimmer particles aren't quite as vibrant or as large. It's really pretty even if it does get a little zombie-ish in the sunlight. I would recommend this if colors like Confetti My Favorite Martian or even China Glaze Zombie Zest didn't look good with your skin tone. (For the record, My Favorite Martian looked HORRIBAD on me, so Hard Cash was a drastic improvement.)

Hard Cash's formula was a little thin and quite similar to SH Hard as Nails Frozen Solid, but it wasn't as sheer as that one was, so that was good although I would've liked for it to be a little more opaque. The dry time was about average.

I spotted this polish at Walgreens shortly after St. Patrick's Day, in a special SH Hard as Nails display for the holiday (the link takes you to Steph's Closet, one of my favorite nail blogs from way back!). Some of the polishes in that display were in fact NOT core Hard as Nails colors, which piqued my interest nearly as much as the clearance stickers on those polishes. Nothing like a clearance sticker, right? Anyway, I'm not sure where you can find this polish now, apart from blog sales.

What do you think of Hard Cash? Like Frozen Solid, it might have more value as a layering polish. I didn't mind doing four coats, but again, I hoped it would be more opaque.

And don't worry about my other apple green shimmers. I have ... a LOT left for us to mull over. I'm sure you'll see them soon. My finances are on the verge of becoming so depleted that I'll be having swatch parties at night because I can't go out. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. :)

Have a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this one! I didn't know there were so many few apple green glass flecky-shimmers out there, can't wait to see what other ones you have. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the Zoya one and the Petites Color Fever one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGHHHHHHHH MUST POSSESS.

      I only have one other, but I categorized them into "green shimmers" anyway. Haha. But now you've got me wanting to find that Petites!

      Delete
  2. Really like this one - was at our funky carries nothing Rite Aide last night and did not see this one. I have been into glass fleck 'big' of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was out in March, which is probably why you didn't see it.

      I wouldn't call this a true glass-fleck, but it's REALLY nice!!! I love glass flecks but the last one that knocked my socks off was probably ChG Riveting.

      Delete
  3. Swatch parties at night 'cause I can't go out = my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's add some Twitter movie nights to our dockets. You and I are gonna end up in Twitter jail.

      Delete
  4. Now this is one gorgeous green apple color! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad this was LE because I'm sure more people would have scooped it up.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.