Friday, September 7, 2012

Moving day mani: OPI Hot & Spicy

It's moving day!

As this post goes up, I'm either putting as many boxes as I can squeeze into my car or I'm already on the road while trying not to freak out; I hope to sign the lease, get my keys and complete the walkthrough by noon (or noon-thirtyish) at the latest. I've moved my belongings between two cities eight times in the past seven years and although both the route and the routine are old hat, I can't wait for the day when I have a permanent address that isn't my parents'. I'm also hoping that my next move after this one will be to a new city or even to a place that isn't rented, but that could be a while yet.

The late spring/early summer of 2010 was the last time I moved (alone and in muggy, 98°F temps, one of those days in the rain). I wore OPI Hot & Spicy and in addition to wearing insanely well (I banged a finger against a wall whilst trying to carry a small bookshelf down my building's back stairwell -- no chips, no breakage, no nothing), it brought me good luck in terms of the move being otherwise hassle-free. Considering how the past three years have turned out for me, I am so not a woman to turn down good luck in any way, shape or form.




Three coats with SV.









I'm not sure how to describe this color to a precise science. It's too orange to be peach, and if it contained any more of a salmon pink tone, it would be the kind of orange coral that I absolutely cannot wear. This one is great with a tan. For some reason, I have it with my head that this is the quintessential summertime color to wear to brunch with your gal pals as you gossip over mimosas. (I don't know where this came from. I usually don't have much to gossip about and I'm incapable of waking at an acceptable brunch o'clock hour, but I love mimosas. I really do.)

The formula wasn't the best creme formula OPI's ever done, but NOWHERE near the worst. I say this because although it was easy to apply, I did have some bald spots after three coats. I don't know if that's because I didn't wait in between coats as long as I should have -- I seem to be quite the impatient polisher these days -- but I wasn't terribly bothered by it. I'm easy to please.

Hot & Spicy was from the OPI Hong Kong collection for Spring 2010. I remember being in such eager anticipation for that collection, I decided not to go out with friends on a few occasions so I could pull my pennies together for those polishes -- I was majorly funemployed at the time and socializing was kind of hard for me. Not so fun memories there, really. But that collection was worth it. I don't know if Hot & Spicy made it to the OPI core line, but it shouldn't be HTF at beauty supply stores or online.

Do you share my feelings about Hot & Spicy, or moving? I'm not moving all of my things at once and I'm anticipating at least two more carloads and trips, so my Helmer and its overflow will be moved drawer by drawer. I'm excited for my new place and my new roommate ("roommates," if you count her cat). I can't wait to make this apartment feel like home, and I hope we'll be happy here for a little while.

My birthday is on Monday, so I'll check back in to show you my birthday polish before I get my Monday Funday on. If I don't have a good, steady buzz going by 2 p.m., then it's highly possible I went to IKEA.


P.S. Happy birthday to my Virgo soul sister, Jennifer!
P.P.S. It's Madeline's moving day tomorrow, so please wish her a good move, too.
P.P.P.S. Thank you for liking Stuff's Facebook page if you did that already!

10 comments:

  1. Haaaaappy Happy Moving Day! This is a summer of moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably missed something here but how come you're moving so much?? I feel for ya, I absolutely despise moving!! It is amazing how much shit I've accumulated over the years!!! Good luck with your move and be extra careful with that Helmer!! Haha :))
    This polish looks awesome, I really like corals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late, but thanks, Gosia! I'm taking my polish drawer by drawer, no need to rush. :)

      I really love this color and this collection. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. I love that nail polish! It is the perfect summer color. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy early birthday! I can't wait to see your birthday polish! I'm actually really liking this orange! I don't think I like true oranges on my nails, but this one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! :) See, I can barely wear untrue oranges, but this just works. I hope you get this one!

      Delete
  5. Happy moving day and happy early birthday!! I love that you have a moving polish =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks Jacqui! Doesn't every gal have a moving polish? ;)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.