Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pink Wednesday: "It's October 3rd." + Cult Nails Untamed

I usually don't post this late in the day, but I had the swatches + the computer time and I've been seeing this .gif ALL. THE. FUCK. OVER. my Facebook feed today. You might have, too. I ain't even mad. --I don't think it's possible to be mad at Aaron Samuels, even if all he cares about is school and his mom and his friends.




I bemoaned to Anna that my lack of a blog post today was a wasted opportunity for this:




... so I'm correcting it now. (Also, I hear it is Gwen Stefani's birthday! As ultra-glam as she is, pink-haired Gwen with braces always will be my favorite.)

I was lucky enough to swap my bottle of China Glaze Fast Track for Cult Nails Untamed at the beginning of September with a great MUA swap partner. I have been dying to get my paws on all but one of the Coco's Untamed collection, and with my low-buy in effect, swapping was the only way for me to do it.




Four coats with SV.











Untamed is a blue-toned bubblegum pink jelly with EXTREMELY small, faint holographic microglitter. I think this is super cute, but the glitter makes it a bit too ... twee on me. The glitter doesn't look like much when you see it in artificial light, though it really pops in the sun. And unlike my favorite pink jelly, Essie Secret Stash, Untamed washes my skin tone out a little.

The formula on this one was surprisingly good for a jelly. It went on the nail sheer at one coat, but the opacity built up by three. I went with four to see if I could get extra depth, which I did get, though I don't think it made a huge difference had I stopped at three coats. I didn't get major VNL either. This dried quickly with SV, but I don't know how well or long it would wear because I took it off shortly after taking the swatch photos. Into the swap/sale box this one goes! (I wonder if this means Madeline will like this????) (I still want three other Coco's Untamed polishes.)

Untamed is the eponymous polish from the Coco's Untamed collection, released back in July. You still can buy this from the Cult Nails shop, or on Overall Beauty for $10.

So ... Cult Nails Untamed: "Grool," fetch, or "adorable"? Do you love "Mean Girls"? Have you ever felt terrorized by Regina George? Looking back, it's funny that I pooh-poohed the movie when it was playing in theaters, only to rent it a few months later with a friend and find myself looking for any excuse to quote it. It's great. But when you think about how LiLo turned out, I have to go with Kevin G and ask, "Damn, Africa, what happened?!?!"

14 comments:

  1. okie, I am so behind, I totally don't get the "It's October 3rd" reference? I've seen the movie, I get the pink Wednesday.. hmmm...

    I haven't tried Untamed yet and I must!! it looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That line just comes from her ridiculous crush on Aaron "Grool" Samuels. You know how you'll talk about anything just to communicate? That's where the October 3rd reference comes from: "On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was."

      I hope you do! I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  2. Totally fetch! I love that itty bitty shimmer, and the squishy jelly finish is so yum! It reminds me of that squeezable bubble gum you used to get in a tube? But, like, in a good way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I love bubble gum. It's so weird. I think I like it more than regular gum. Thanks, Elizabeth! :)

      Delete
  3. WE SHOULD ALL JUST STAB CAESAR.

    I agree that this color is a little bit twee, but you are right in that I like it. The pattern continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen Weiners had cracked.

      I mean, it WAS created by a 12-year-old girl. So there's that, LOL.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous pink!!

    I seriously need to watch mean girls again...for the 20th time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I fully endorse that idea. :)

      Delete
  5. Squishy pink jelly! I love you so. I think it looks real great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! It's a fun polish. I wish I were more into it.

      Delete
  6. I have not seen that movie but I do know that LiLo WAS a really good actress and she has just screwed up her life-it's sad really. Now I am usually NOT a fan of pink but this is actually kind of pretty! I may have to get this-and I don't normally like the Cult Nails formula. but I am loving that hidden holo shimmer. good for you on your no buy-I don't have that kind of will power! I have a Nails Inc glitter I will swap you for-or anything on my blog sale that remains if you would like! let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The low-buy continues out of necessity, but if you weren't familiar with my spending habits, you'd never know it was a low-buy. Thanks for the swap offer, but I think I'll save it for a blog sale. I checked out your goodies and nothing jumped out at me, so maybe next time!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.