Monday, November 5, 2012

Housekeeping updates ...

Greetings, readers! My wrist is slowly getting back to normal, so I thought I'd tell you about some Stuff I've been working on, as well as other polish-related items of interest:

A housekeeper, get it?
(Specifically, the spectacular Martha Plimpton on "Raising Hope")

(source: EW)

  1. Happy birthday wishes to my favorite Business Lady! *squish*
  2. It's a long story, but in the process of changing the privacy settings on some Flickr photos, some pictures I used here on Stuff no longer appear (URLs become invalid when you change privacy settings on Flickr). I fixed what I could as soon as this change became apparent, but I know I'm missing a few posts, including my page on my HG items. If you see an older post missing a photo, please leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I will add it to my list of things to fix à la Fix-It Felix, Jr.
  3. Last month, I started planning my December holiday-themed posts and my holiday giveaway. I'll still be doing movies and ROYGBIV, but I'm adding a special prize this year. YES.
  4. Still working on responding to comments. The last time I sat down and started to do it, I realized I had not planned anything for BF's birthday in a few days except watching "Skyfall" because I think that will make us both happy. Speaking of which ...
  5. "Skyfall" is opening worldwide to rave reviews. I plan to OD on Daniel Craig on Saturday (as well as the Daniel Craig of opera) and wear one of my OPI Skyfalls. I'm thinking either Tomorrow Never Dies, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, or Live and Let Die. Opinions???
  6. Am I the only one bored by the Holiday 2012 polishes, save for most of OPI Skyfall and Chanel Malice? I'm usually all over those things. :/
  7. Nicole by OPI Kardashian polishes are on clearance at Ulta for $3.99, if anyone is interested.
  8. I joined a Secret Santa with some fellow nail bloggers and Twitter friends. We never did Secret Santa in my family and we cancelled it the year I had fun coworkers to do it with, so this is my first Secret Santa exchange and I am wayyyyyyyy too excitement.
  9. Last week's "Nashville" nail polish shoplifting storyline was too good, one line in particular, something along the gist of "YOU HAVE ALL THIS NAIL POLISH HERE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO STEAL THAT ONE?!?!?!"
  10. This has nothing to do with the blog, but if you live in the United States, are of age, and have not yet voted, do it tomorrow. Knope 2012! ;)

    I worked in news on the last presidential election night, and I have to say it was terribly exciting. I don't see myself returning to the field because I'm out like "Project Runway," but you have no idea how lucky I was to work where and when I did, and with some of the greatest people I'm probably going to meet, work-wise. Although that career path is long dead, Election Day 2008 was one of my more memorable news profession experiences.

That's everything! Sterling Meowlory and I thank you for reading (and for your patience).


6 comments:

  1. Live and Let Die! Wear that one! I'm pretty excited for "Skyfall"...but I'm more excited about rumors that Idris Elba is in talks to be the next James Bond.

    I am always bored by holiday collections...until I find at least half of the China Glaze collection on clearance at Sally Beauty Supply for $1.50 each, and then they magically become awesome. I have been known to be blinded by a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES TO EVERYTHING. I keep trying to hate Idris Elba because of something that happened on "The Wire" with another character but I can't bring myself to do it.

      REALLY bored by ChG's collection this year. Last year's was wayyyyyyy better! Perhaps I will cave too, though.

      Delete
  2. Thanks bb! *hugs*

    Also equally excited for Skyfall :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad called a few minutes ago and asked me to hold off seeing it until he gets back. He'll probably fall asleep, but what are you gonna do, LOL.

      Delete
  3. "Sterling Meowlory" is just adorable!
    I asked my four-legged roommates Leopold and Bendedict and they agreed.

    xxx

    L.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm sure your roommates are adorable in their own right.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.