Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi

I fucked up my wrist again (HOW DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF, UGH DAMMIT), so I'll be as brief as I can, which should be interesting because I so rarely am. After getting my purple fix from Dior Shadow, I couldn't decide on a new polish and charged my sister -- who is immensely more interested in perfume than polish -- with picking out this one for me last Saturday.

This polish looked amazing on Anna (albino friend) and Janice (not so albino friend). Since I'm somewhere in between them, I had hoped to be blown away. When I first put this on, I felt pretty ambivalent about it, color-wise. However, Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi was released last November? December? as NOPI's Kardashian-themed holiday collection, so at least I'm getting my holiday polishes on now.




Three coats with SV.










KK: GOOD CHOICE MEOW.

This is not what I think of as a true holiday bright red, but after a couple days, I fell in loooooooove with it. I think I loved it after I realized it looked fantastic in my horrible office lighting, which is no small feat. So if you are like me and acquire a crap ton of bright tomato reddish-coral cremes, you need this. If you do not have a crap ton of colors like this but are in the market for one, you also need this. If you hate Kardashians like I do but you love colors like this ... you still need this. Basically, you need this. And you can get it for CHEAP like I did if you are near an Ulta, because the whole Kardashian Kolors (ew) NOPI collection is on clearance for $3.99 (it's still at Target and Walmart for full price).

The formula and dry time were perfect. I think this NOPI collection was the first to do away with the gross wide broom brush that the Target Spring 2011 exclusives and the Bieber polishes had. The NOPI brush is more like a SH Xtreme Wear brush, just a little wider. Anyway, this was incredibly glossy WITHOUT top coat and wore really well for three days. I only took this off to chop my nails down last night and then put it back on. I think I'll try to change my mani tomorrow. We'll see how ye olde wrist is doing.

Oh, and the reason I had to chop my nails down? = I got my first break. It wasn't much and it was on a brittle corner of my right index finger that I usually chop down anyway, so I'm not sure if it's enough to ask if I'm a real nail blogger now. (Am I?)




I only noticed it halfway through a spur-of-the-moment Costco trip and I didn't want to just tear it off. But I played with it much in the same way a six-year-old will wiggle a loose tooth until it falls out. That seemed to work, and I filed it down as soon as I got home. You'd never know.

Now that I might have grossed you out, I'm going to wrap this post up like leftovers. Do you hoard red-coral cremes, or other colors? Do you have this polish or any others from this collection, or is the Kardashian tie-in enough to make you back off? I don't know anything about Kourtney Kardashian except that she makes fun of Kim's crying face, she has kids and there's the Suri's Burn Book post in which her partner, Scott Disick, has an eyepatch. Whaaaaat. Scott is such a dapper asshole troll sometimes.

Oh wait. Apparently a picture exists of Kourtney wearing this polish. I have to admit it looks good on her.


(source: BellaSugar)


One more thing (God, I sound like Uncle in "Jackie Chan Adventures"): If you are a U.S. reader, you should enter my ROYGBIV Holiday Giveaway if you haven't already done so. And if you entered earlier on Monday, you probably didn't see that I fixed the Rafflecopter widget so that you can type in the name of the movie you'd like to win. If you did not type it in, you should do take a couple seconds and do it, otherwise your contest entry will be incomplete, and that would make us both sad. So get thee hence.

So much for being brief. My wrist smarts like a mofo right now, but it's okay because I blogged. Thanks for slugging through this post with me!

6 comments:

  1. I am a huge sucker for orangy reds when they are this shinny esp...I know I have some OPIs that are total dupes for this shade - thinking of one shade from the classic collection that came out as part of the China collection I think....something about a Mandarin in the name of it - just know it's one I reach for chronically out of my stash...wish I lived where we had ULTA stores - never been in one yet! I am sure once I do go in one I will be ordering all the time on line from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god. This was SO shiny. Don't get mad, but an Ulta opened up 10 minutes away from my parents' house in case I can't make it to any of the three in my city now.

      Delete
  2. I love this color and I just broke my nail that same way so I'll be nubbinizing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your nail is OK!

      Delete
  3. This is PERFECT. Damn you, Kardashians.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.