Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Santa Fe

I COULD NOT wait until the end of the post to include this mandatory slice of '90s awesomeness:




Now that I've gotten that out of the way ...

"Newsies" is definitely not my favorite Christian Bale movie or musical (I enjoy musicals but sometimes they feel like they're reaching/trying too hard), but it is essential to my childhood. I saw this as a wee one in school -- and if you really want me to date myself -- this was back when the girls would fight over who got to look at JTT pictures in Tiger Beat and discuss who was the cutest guy on "Ghostwriter" during recess (they say it was Alex. They also thought Christian Bale was super cute ... "Little Women" was a big deal that winter, but I was Team Eric Stoltz, Dream Ginger).

Fast forward 15-ish years later to when I TOTALLY GET IT re: Christian Bale and I continue to burst into "Santa Fe" any time someone mentions that city or "Newsies," which seems to be a legit Broadway musical now (eh ...). RBL Santa Fe was not one of my GOMM preorders, but I picked it up in a few weeks ago along with Jack and Killa Red. I seem to love orange a lot during this time of the year, so what better time to trot it out?




Three coats with SV.








Sadly, Santa Fe is one of those weird muted, slightly corally oranges that just dies on me. Its RBL description is as follows: "This color would be an aerial view of my imaginary Santa Fe—the baked earth tones of ocher with the shimmery, glisteningly ubiquitous dotted greens." I definitely get all of that in the bottle, but unless you're somewhere with strong lighting, you won't see much of the shimmer on the nail. The formula was typical RBL, smooth and easy to work with. Amazingly, it's completely opaque at two coats.

Santa Fe is still available for purchase and retails exclusively on the Rescue Beauty Lounge site for $20.

It's a pity this polish didn't go well with my coloring at all, because I really would have loved to wear this shade for my first Taco Bale Tuesday movie night. (Christian Bale movies + tacos + Tuesday nights = Taco Bale Tuesday. To my knowledge, the term "Taco Bale" and the corresponding meme originated sometime in the summer of 2008 when "The Dark Knight" was out in theaters. Bless you, ONTD.)

I ended up buying the whole RBL GOMM collection piecemeal, so what else do you think I should try next: Jack, Bella, Abi, Poppy or Ghost? Did you find Santa Fe to be a win or a fail on you? Do you agree that Jack Kelly is the king of New York and ain't you glad you got a dream called Santa Fe?

Sorry, I'm not sorry. I had to.


P.S. U.S. readers, don't forget to enter my 100,000 Pageview Giveaway this week!

8 comments:

  1. I think it looks good on you! This was my only must have from the collection. I'd like to see Jack next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lakeisha! I wish it looked half as good on me as it does on you. :)

      And done! I'm adding Jack to my list of polishes for future posts.

      Delete
  2. Oh, JTT. Oh, Tiger Beat. Oh, bb Christan Bale. MEMORIES. My friend & I used to watch Newsies all the time our freshman year of college because it was the only DVD she had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. It's okay, I think my first DVD was either "Return to Me" or a 2-disc edition of "Moulin Rouge" ... judge away.

      Delete
  3. I bought this color and I love it and think it looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I wish I liked it on me as much as you do, but it's gone to live with Stephanie, so we will see what she thinks.

      Delete
  4. You know, I swore I would never buy such expensive polish and in a moment of weakness I got this... An dim so hooked now!!! I loooove this color, formula, and I also think it looks fabulous on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that happens with RBLs. Only it's not the expense I take issue with. But I do love the formulas on most of mine. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.