Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wine time!: Zoya Jules

I'm sure some of you know that "Cougar Town" returns tonight for its fourth season on TBS at 10/9c. If you didn't know ... now you do.

I'm not even close to catching up on the show, and I'll be missing the premiere since I don't get cable at my parents' house, where I've been camping for the past month while my mom was out of the country. So why am I telling you to watch this show if I'm not even caught up?

One, my sister and I spent a LOT of downtime in our hotel room while we were in the motherland this May. We were either too jetlagged, unaccustomed to the sweltering heat, and in my case, too sick to venture out during most days. But our hotel room had functional air conditioning, a small fridge ... and a TV. I'm forever insisting that trip wasn't a vacation, but the eating polvoron while watching TV part kind of was. There was one channel we watched every day in particular called Velvet, which ran many western programs. Velvet was like Bravo, Style and E! combined; my sister and I don't really watch those types of channels, so everything that aired on Velvet including our formal introduction to "Cougar Town" (apart from all the "Cougar Town" jokes on "Community," of course) was new to us.

Two, I have an excuse to blog Zoya Jules. Jules is Courteney Cox's character on "Cougar Town." If I had to tell you anything about Jules, it is that she is THE "Cougar Town" cougar, and that she and her friends Really. Love. Wine.




I think you get the idea. This makes me incredibly sad because three years ago, I got sick after drinking a tiny glass of ... well, the name escapes me, but I remember thinking that Rinaldi from A Farewell to Arms drank a lot of it. --Which sure narrows it down, because Rinaldi drank anything. Lucky jerk.


(source)


ANYWAY. Jules.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.








THIS POLISH. LOOOOOOOVE. As you know, I suck at describing colors, but I will say this: Are you looking for a new sparkly shade that's also office-friendly, or perhaps a polish to go with your new little black (or plum or teal) dress -- something that should be fun but not overwhelming and loud? Then get Jules. I can see how it could have a lobster hands effect on some skin tones, something I narrowly avoided. Whew. I really love this. It's such a delicate champagne gold glass fleck (very small particles) with undertones that are supposedly taupe, but are more mauve on me.

I had no issues with application. It's easier to use thin coats when applying Jules, and I would recommend three for maximum glitz. Maximum understated glitz. It dried quickly with Wicked Fast, and wore well for three days. I had minimal tip wear after that, which you can see here, but I would have been happy to rock this one for a whole week if I didn't have to chop my nails down. Those things grow so fast.

Jules was part of Zoya's Spring 2011 Intimate collection. 2011, can you believe it? I remember reading Scrangie's review at a bar on NYE (and BF asking me, "What are you reading?" My reply: "NOTHIIIIIIIIIING") There's a Zoya promo on right now that's breaking the internet -- 3 polishes for $10, including shipping -- so if you are looking for a third polish to add to your order, I highly recommend this one.

Anyone else share my love for this Zoya, or an unfortunate inability to drink wine? If you watch "Cougar Town," who is your favorite character? Who do you think has the best style (and nails, of course)? Laurie has my vote for all of these things. Surprise, surprise. Are you excited to see the show move to another network? What new title would you bestow upon "Cougar Town" if you were able to change the title? Talk to me about your favorite episode, even if I haven't seen it. Fellow members of the Larmy, I WANT TO KNOW.

P.S. Sorry if this post seems rushed. My family is hosting two houseguests this week, and although I'm happy to have them here, I also have to find time when I can get it. I actually wrote this post while everyone was watching THE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

17 comments:

  1. LOL, I love the Mr. Krabs gif. And this is an awesome color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that .gif! I think you would rock Jules. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Cougar Town-so think Mr Jules is HOT (not the EX, the current). Have my tivo all set up and red to go! This is not a color I would wear-but I'm sure there are people out there who dig the gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grayson? I think he's great for Jules! Hope you have a glass of wine ready to go, too.

      Delete
  3. ok, rach, i think i will send your blog a bill, since with every post i get unshutable 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaanttt' - it is not even my color, and i know it won't really go too well with my skin, but now i need it!!
    it is me from iamfarfromnormal, blogspot won't let me identify myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and now it does, something is going weird in the comment section..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's a Wordpress thing or a Blogger thing! Anyway, I did get an e-mail notification for both comments, so next time just send one and let's see what happens. Thanks for letting me know!

      Hahaha, did I mention I'm an enabler?

      Delete
  5. I knew I liked you ... I love Cougar Town ... I don't know if you seen my tweets. I am doing a boob shimmy, double point to god along with a pimp limp that it's returning. As always your posts entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, yes I have! I really need to catch up. Thanks, Virgo soul sister. <3

      Delete
  6. I've never seen Cougar Town, but whoever Busy Phillips plays is my favorite because Kim Kelly is my friend.

    I also cannot drink wine. I don't like it, and also the last time I drank a lot of wine, I blacked out and woke up to find that I'd stashed a handful of chocolate chips inside my bra. In case I got hungry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE HERRRRR. She's my FAVORITE.

      OMFG LMAO, chocolate chips? Maybe they fell down? I do that with popcorn at the movies all the time and I'm sober ...

      Delete
  7. I just ordered this color after lusting after it for a while. Your pictures make me super excited to wear it! Looove me some glitzy neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's always good to hear. I hope you love Jules. :)

      Delete
  8. So, so pretty! I love that it's so beautifully neutral, but it also has little hints of green and purple hiding in there as well. Zoya is such the queen of polishes like this one!

    I'm not all that much for wine these days, unless it's Pinot Grigio, in which case I'm ALL OVER it. Other whites are just too sweet or dry for me (and yet I'm aces with champagne...), and outside of Australian Shiraz, I can't do reds at all. They just make me thirsty. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Sometimes I think I could wear Zoya exclusively for 9 months if I had an accident baby, it's that good. But let's hope that never happens.

      Why Australian shiraz in particular? I'm so curious!

      Delete
    2. I don't know what it is exactly, but they seem so much smoother to me than other reds, less bitter, so they've been my go-to red since college. Usually, though, if I can't get a pinot grigio, I'll just stick to beer or cocktails. Or sake. Because SAKE.

      Delete
    3. That's interesting. I was really into bad zinfandels and LOL, Arbor Mist in college when it came to wine. Just give me all the beer, cocktails and mixed drinks. And some antacids, just in case.

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.