Monday, February 18, 2013

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Sation Café con Leche

It's the third Monday of the month, which means it's time for your monthly installment of Skinny Dipping!

Not only does it look like Anna beat me to the punch by posting her selection before I did, but both our picks for today are warmer-toned nudes. We can coordinate, but not THIS well. Pretty awesome.

I have never owned a Sation polish, before or after the company's rebranding. I'd never even heard of Café con Leche until my friend Janice RAOKed this to me last month when she sent me a bottle of OPI Goldeneye from a group order. If I'm being honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to like Café con Leche because it's not the kind of nude I usually gravitate toward.




Three coats with SV.









And yet ... I kind of dig it. Café con Leche isn't too pink, too orange, or too brown for me -- it's more of ... a caramel nude? I was thinking it would lobster hands me, but it actually doesn't. It's a strangely flattering change of pace from the usual nudes I favor. Thanks, Janice!

The other thing that surprised me about this polish was that it's a jelly. Oh yes. It was easy to work with, and the Sation brush is wide and flat, probably about half the thickness of a SH paddle brush or an OPI Pro-wide. I removed it after swatching so I can't speak to the wear, but it dried quickly with SV. I waited a couple of minutes in between coats because I wasn't sure if it was going to be weird or patchy. It wasn't. The formula was rather even, too. I guess I should have mentioned that early on. These new bottles are 0.50 Fl. oz., and I think the bottle shape gives it the impression that the bottles contain more product than they do. But 0.50 Fl. oz. is standard size.

If you're interested in Sation polishes, you can grab them from the Sation site, from e-tailers on Amazon, online beauty supplies like Nailsupplies.us, or regular brick & mortar beauty supplies. Also, thank you, Madeline, for reminding me about TJ Maxx. I should have asked Janice where she got this bottle, but every time we were on the phone last week I always forgot to bring it up, LOL.

Any thoughts on Café con Leche? Does it look more caramel or actually like café con leche? What do you think of the new Sation bottles, colors and collections? As I understand it, they're putting out a new Marie Antoinette collection for spring. I haven't seen any swatches yet, but the press release images should be floating around somewhere.

Come back in March for more nude polishes (so. many. choices. ...)! Until then, check out a really great Essie on Anna's blog today. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is really great on you! I only have one Sation color, Loudest Color. I'm hoping more will show up at TJ Maxx soon because I really like the swatches I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the snaps and for the reminder about TJ Maxx! Ugh, I haven't been there in so long, IDK what they have any more. :/ I hope more show up there too so I can see them on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of liking this color-I have not tried this brand before-and I am trying to be good so I won't be buying any anytime soon0but it does look good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.