Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Long Haul: February 2013

Being more conscious of spending is easy when you're publicly tracking it -- and especially when there are non-polish expenses to consider (namely: car-related expenses, a new phone plan, a friend's wedding gift, and "Game of Thrones" DVDs -- total priority ... and also, #savegoro, YAY!). I did okay.

The rules: If I bought other items at one store along with polish, I won't include the tax, just the total amount I spent on polish. Additionally, anything I bought as a gift for someone else won't figure into this and does not count.

Notes: I've been working a lot of long days (read: NIGHTS) lately, so pictures will have to come another time ... as will my February STUFF ON STYLE post, unfortunately.


FEBRUARY 1: Ulta coupon (20% off total purchase) - TOTAL: $19.31
  • China Glaze Running in Circles - $7.50
  • Piggy Polish Buzz - $7.50
  • Nicole by OPI Candid Cameron - $7.99

FEBRUARY 5: a rage NARS haul + tax - TOTAL: $58.50
  • Lal Mirchi - $19.00
  • New York Dolls - $19.00
  • TV Party - $19.00

FEBRUARY 12: Target run clearance surprise - TOTAL: $6.73
  • OPI A Roll in the Hague - $4.25 (OMG this name)
  • Revlon Colorstay Provence - $2.48

FEBRUARY 18: Ulta coupon ($3.50 off $10) - TOTAL: $35.68
  • Nicole by OPI A Phil's Paradise - $7.99
  • OPI You're Such a Budapest - $9.00 (ILY OPI but seriously, what is this extra $0.50 fuckery)
  • China Glaze Igniting Love - $7.50
  • Essie Bikini So Teeny - $8.00
  • Essie Sew Psyched - $4.99 (clearance)


FEBRUARY TOTAL: $120.22
2013 TOTAL: $346.26


I went over the $75-ish spending goal I'd set last month, but not so over that it's upsetting. My spending goal for March is TBD. Under $120? We'll see what happens. I restrained myself pretty admirably this month, so who knows.

6 comments:

  1. LAL MIRCHI :O I am mildly ashamed to admit that I totally want that for the name alone. I like the idea of keeping track of purchases like this though! It adds up so quickly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Naz, Lal Mirchi was the one that got away last year! So I fixed it. :) You'll see it soon.

      I'm really trying to be smarter about my spending. So far, I don't know about "smarter," but I'm also less impulsive than I used to be.

      Delete
  2. There are some awesome choices here! I am with you on the OPI price increase. For some reason $9 seems like a huge difference from $8.50. Not cool, OPI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea! Ugh, I didn't think $0.50 would be a big deal, but it is. I noticed China Glaze and Orly upped their prices, too, so ... all the coupons??

      Delete
  3. Keeping it real with the exact stats. Brave! And yeah what the heck, stop raising prices! I already stalk the discount/clearance rack. Just one more reason to never pay retail. I remember my first OPI was $7 back in 2002 and I thought it cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Yeah ... $8.50 was a reasonable price point, so I have no idea why $9 makes my blood boil. And yet that wouldn't be so bad if Ulta would let us use their coupons on OPI. Ugh.

      I stalk the clearance rack, too. SO MANY amazing stocking stuffers have come from that thing!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.