Friday, March 8, 2013

OPI Sprung + a couple of comparisons

I've had my eye on this polish since it came out, but I wasn't sure if it would jive with my wackadoo skin tone. Luckily, my extremely translucent roommate is amazing and let me borrow her bottle. Thank you, Tara!




Three coats with NYC Grand Central Station.










Such a chameleon, that Sprung. --At least, to me. It's got that weird sheer but buildable foil/sort of glass-fleck finish OPI is really good at doing. The effort is completely worth it, though, because all the gold, bronze, copper, pink and red particles come together and they are SO SHINY. It's really great. I'm so happy I got to try it, and I might look for my own bottle later.

Sprung was part of OPI's Mariah Carey Studio Shades, along with A Butterfly Moment, Anti-Bleak and Pink Yet Lavender. The Stage Shades half of the collection is comprised of the infamous OPI Liquid Sands, which ... just ... no thank you. I can't get down with texture polishes. As Anna said last month via text, it's like you painted your nails and then changed the cat litter. --You know, if your cat pooped in a box of sparkles. I'd expect nothing less from Mariah Carey's cat, if she had one. Does she have one?

Anyway, these OPI Mariah polishes are limited edition, but quite easy to find right now. I got one more last weekend, and I hope to share it with you guys soon.

But back to Sprung: I was mostly interested in how it compared to OPI Warm & Fozzie. So I investigated.


OPI Warm & Fozzie, posted [here]


OPI Sprung (index, ring) vs. OPI Warm & Fozzie (middle, pinky)
I used 3 coats of each.





Okay, not really a match. Owning both W&F and Sprung is completely justifiable. I do think W&F favors my skin tone more, though.

Then I wanted to know how Sprung compared to butter LONDON Shag, because I like to punish myself by trying to take comparison pictures. Maybe I should budget for a camera. BTW, natural light showed the difference between these two the best.


butter LONDON Shag (you will see it on Monday)


OPI Sprung (index, ring) vs. butter LONDON Shag (middle, pinky)
I also used 3 coats of each.





Bottom line: This is closer than W&F and Sprung. The main differences are in the finish (Shag is a true metallic shimmer finish while Sprung has duochromey, foil/glass fleck action), and Shag is a little darker, more brown and less red than Sprung.

Anyone springing for Sprung? (Sorry, I had to.) Or Warm & Fozzie or Shag? Or the Mariah Carey Studio Shades?

I hope this post helped you out! Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous polish! But I have yet to get it...I think because I already have W&F....I'm REALLY trying not to buy polishes that are at all somewhat similar. Now if I see it on sale, yes, I will pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! I know, I do the same thing -- if it's on sale, it comes home with me. (This has been both awesome and not so awesome.)

      Delete
  2. Sprung looks great. But yeah, I do own W&F and not wearing these colors enought to justify owning both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable. But I have a metallics problem, and Sprung might just be what the doctor ordered ...

      Delete
  3. Buahahahaa I love your comment about the cat litter!!! So true LOLOL!!!!
    Thanks so comparisons!! I have Shag already so I don't think I will be springing for Sprung!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got that text, I laughed so hard. I locked it, actually, LOL.

      You're so welcome! I hope it helped. :)

      Delete
  4. Whoooaaa this is awesome. Maybe I do need this...or Shag...or both...why you gotta make this difficult? :P Thanks for the comparison pics, they are quite helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totes welcome, lady! I bet they would be baller on you.

      Delete
  5. This really is a beautiful bronze!! I don't think I need both it and W&F, but wow, you make it tempting... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks. Thank you, Elizabeth! <3

      Delete
  6. This post is amazing! What a great job you've done here.
    butter london is awsome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Some of my friends and some other bloggers aren't too into the brand, but the ones I have, I LOVE.

      Delete
  7. Wackadoo skin tone? Damn you crack me up! I'm not a gold fan-but I do like a nice bronze color like this Butter London one. How nice of your roommate to let you borrow this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's the best! I love her.

      Delete
  8. I love this on you so much! I did the mental anime squee face. You capture the soooo beautifulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me borrow it! <3333333

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.