Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pretty Serious Cosmetics VT100

If you thought I would let St. Paddy's Day go by without a green polish ... I would never do such a thing. Here's what I had on over the weekend.

My aunt also liked this polish, too. It's pretty great. I mean, you'd have to be blind not to.

Three coats with NYC Grand Central Station. And you are going to enjoy these photos, damn it, because I had a HECK of a time taking them.

I discovered Pantone books when I was 19, getting beasted at kings at a friend of a friend's apartment. The girl who rented that apartment was a graphic design student, and she had a Pantone book lying around. You know I flipped through it! Even when I'm tipsy, I know when I'm on to a good thing**, especially given my fascination with color. The emerald in VT100 doesn't subscribe to the Pantone definition of emerald, but who cares. Sometimes I think this is actually better.

In case you are like me and hoard glass flecks, VT100 isn't a dupe for Zoya Ivanka (Ivanka is more blue and more sheer) or China Glaze Running in Circles. Ivanka and Running in Circles are true glass flecks; VT100 is more of a creme base with microglitter to me since the glitter particles are a more pronounced gold. It would be a nice addition to your growing army of greens. ;)

Two interesting things about formula and application on this polish. Like Morning Java, the formula was on the thick side, but quite workable. Application was fine. You can get this opaque in two coats, although! -- and this is where it gets interesting to me -- I wasn't crazy about it with two coats. Three, YES. It looked more ... realized? Whatever the word I'm searching for, it was better at three. I wore it for three days, although it chipped within day one on two nails (nails that have been prone to small breaks, I must add). I had no tip wear, which made me a happy panda.

VT100 was part of the Pretty Serious debut collection, Hello World! It retails on the Pretty Serious site for $9.95 AUD, but if you're in the U.S., you can pick it up for $12 at Llarowe. I have two more Hello World polishes left to try as well as a tiny Pretty Serious order coming in. Obviously, I can't get enough of Kaz's creations. :D

If you've bought any Pretty Serious polishes, did you pick up VT100? IS IT NOT BOMBASS? Sigh. And what did you wear this past St. Patrick's Day weekend?

**Does this explain BF? Oh, brother.

4 comments:

1. This is so stunning! I want so many more of these after getting my first two.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely need this one! It would be gorg on you. :)

Delete
  2. I have two pretty serious- blue gums on Boxing Day and hot summer nights and just love them! I donlove a good glass fleck and own ivanka. Need to crack that sucker out and wear it again.

ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.