Thursday, April 18, 2013

Belated Pink Wednesday: Zoya Kimber

This post was supposed to go up yesterday, but I didn't finish going through photos in time to do it because I thought I would catch a few winks instead. I really like blogging, but I really love sleeping. Ask anyone who's ever lived with me. I've had roommates who didn't know I was home because I slept all weekend. In fact, B can tell you that shortly after I started spending the night, one time I slept in until he practically had to kick me out of bed so he could go about his day.

Right off the top, I'm going to tell you I wasn't crazy about this polish. I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to become a regular thing with me and Zoya's K-shades, because this is the third one in a row -- I ditched Kimmy and Katherine.

Now we have Kimber, who is gorgeous, but just not for me. Here are some photos anyway in case you might love it more than I did.

Also, if these photos look nicer than usual, it's because my new phone was able to get the color more accurately than my old one. It's a long, boring and PAINFUL story. (I fell down and skinned my palm. The fall was so Chronicles of RiddickulousTM Tom Haverford that I cursed and then asked my mother if I'd ripped my pants.)




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.











And for the record: the only Kimbers I could think of were (1) pistols and (2) Kimber from "Nip/Tuck." I wasn't the biggest fan of the show, but it had its moments. If I'd known that Ryan Murphy would continue to troll television ... well. (IMO, he is the worst.)

I thought I would enjoy this color more than I did. The base is a lovely blend of fuchsia and deep pink, and goes on like a foil, but then the gold shimmer peeks out. It's super pretty, and it applies really well, but I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it. I'm passing it up because while China Glaze Ahoy! is a completely different animal (the base color is similar, but it's a true glass fleck), I would reach for it more than I would reach for Kimber.

Kimber was part of last summer's Surf collection, and it's still available online. I'm sure you could track it down and find it in person if you really wanted to.

What do you guys think of Kimber? I also have three more Zoya K-names to try from my stash: Kelly, Kieko and Kotori. And I want Kennedy and Kerry. (Should I not?) I want Rory from the Surf collection, but I hope that's not a fail; I also haven't tried Zuza yet ... I wasn't crazy about Myrta when I tried it last summer. Come on, Surf collection. I know you have a winner in you. (... That's what she said.)

Thanks for reading! I'll be back with Zoya Jo tomorrow, so look out for that.

10 comments:

  1. Kimber from Jem & the Holograms, duh!!!

    I really liked Kimber when I wore it last summer, and Zuza is one of my faves, but Myrta was a fail for me, too.

    P.S. China Glaze Ahoy 5eva. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT DID NOT EVEN OCCUR TO ME. But then again, I've never really been into Jem, soooooo ... yeah.

      I remember you liked Kimber a lot! And ahahaha, we agree on Myrta. 2013, super magical year for us.

      P.S. It is THE BEST.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I love this on you. Although, I agree, given the choice between Kimber and ChG Ahoy, I'd definitely pick Ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naz! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty, and I'm not usually into pinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you would wear it well.

      Delete
  4. Why you no like Kimber? Sad! I actually think I have Ahoy in my "forever-potential-blogsale-pile" because I'm so loyal to Zoya.

    You REALLY need to try Zuza, I really don't think you will be sorry. I think it's everything you wanted that SH S-teal A Base to be.

    Still waiting for that email BTW....my interest has been piqued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the bottom line is that as much as I love Zoya, I love ChG's glass flecks more. (And also: +1 ChG for the bonus nautical theme. LOOOOOOOVE.)

      Most of my friends have loved Zuza, so I think I need to do it! You may be right. :)

      Working on that e-mail! This week has been nuts. If I don't end up at my aunt's or marathoning all the TV I missed this week, I should be able to send it tonight.

      Delete
  5. You're so funny saying all the K Zoyas must suck! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't suck -- they just look bad on me!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.