Friday, April 12, 2013

Zoya Tosca

Heads up: I know this isn't Jo, but I've been sick since last Friday and haven't been feeling great, so I've had to move some posts around. This Monday's and Wednesday's posts were scheduled last week, while this particular post was part of a megapost I intended to blog on April 1 and never finished to my satisfaction. Enjoy! (I've scheduled next Monday and Wednesday's posts as well -- hopefully I should be back on track by *next* Friday.)


Frankly, I donut understand why more bloggers don't talk about this polish more often, because it's AH-MAHZING. I ordered it on a whim during last year's Zoya exchange, and ... damn. It's better than I thought it would be.

Why did I want this polish so badly if no one talked about it? Well ...




... yeah. I'm afraid it doesn't get much better than that. This is "Vissi d'arte" from Puccini's "Tosca" as performed by Montserrat Caballé (the same Montserrat Caballé who dueted with Freddie Mercury!!). I have a Puccini compilation CD somewhere that includes one of her recordings of this song, and it's so great. She's so great. I first heard her voice in the film "Life is Beautiful" during the Barcarolle in the opera house scene, so if you loved that movie, you've heard her, too. And as a bonus, today is her 80th birthday! :D

And now Tosca, the polish.




Three coats with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.









HOW. FREAKING. GORGEOUS. IS THIS?!?!?!?! I mean, yes, on its own, the red/coral creme base color would be amazing, but the golden shimmer adds a little sumpin' sumpin' to it. I think the Zoya description is "metallic strawberry with gold duochrome shimmer" -- LOL, duochrome is a stretch, since the shimmer is very fine and can be faint at times, but for the most part, you know it's there. It's a nice little secret.

The formula on Tosca was perfect. It applied beautifully (two coats would have been kosher had I not wanted to apply a third) and dried quickly and ... well ... I could have worn it all week. Consider this my new spring and summer staple!

I have no idea when Tosca was released, but it's part of Zoya's Classics collection, which I'm guessing makes it a super core color. It sells on the Art of Beauty site for $8, and I'm sure you can find it anywhere that has the Zoya line.

Seriously, just get this polish. (Let me know if you do. Also, you're welcome.) Do you love Puccini's "Tosca"? Have you seen it? I've only seen the Met's Live in HD 2009 transmission starring Karita Mattila, but I honestly don't remember much about it because Ms. Mattila made more of an impression on me in the HD transmission of "Salome." I'd love to see a production closer to me, though.

I'm out. I hope you have a lovely weekend! I'm probably going to stay indoors and catch up on some reading and sleep. Not much you can do when you're sick. :/

4 comments:

  1. If you like Tosca, you would probably love Elke. Elke is everything I wanted Tosca to be. I checked my post about it (I urge you NOT to look that up, I was apparently starting out, with really shitty pics) and I was disappointed in the lack of visable shimmer, but Elke's was apparently very evident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I looked at your swatches. Not shitty. (See: this entire blog until last summer, and even then.) THANK YOU for this suggestion! I'm going to add Elke to my list. <3

      Delete
  2. I have not seen this or any opera but would truly love to before I die. This polish is stunning! I am on board with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it. It's a lot of fun, PLUS your friends will think you're fancy, so there's that?

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.