Tuesday, May 7, 2013

KleanColor Metallic Green + a May 4 wedding

Has it really been almost a week since my last post? WHOOPS.

One of my reporter friends from college got married on Saturday, and I wore this polish to his wedding ...

... because it matched my shoes. Like DJ Pauly D, I like to build my outfits from the ground up.




The sun was setting, which is why the color appears more yellow than it truly is. I bought these Nine West espadrilles back in July 2006, and for the most part, they're in good shape. Little did I know I should have begged my mother to buy me one in ALL THE COLORS because I feel like shoes haven't been as comfortable or fabulous as they were from 2006 to 2009. :/ (Yes, I know that was weirdly specific.)

Anyway, I didn't quite have my outfit together but when I decided I needed green nails, my roommate graciously offered to let me use her bottle of KC Metallic Green. Look, when there are three Helmers in one apartment, you're bound to find something. Thank you, Tara!

I majorly failed at getting awesome pictures of this polish, but it is INSANELY WONDERFUL and I NEED A BOTTLE.




Three coats with SV. All pictures were taken after three days of wear. Not too shabby, right?

Also, the OttLite pictures are the most accurate for some reason (for once). And if you want to see a SUPER ACCURATE pic, check out Goose's Glitter.













It's been a long time since I wore a baller foil, and I'm so glad Metallic Green was the one to break that dry spell. Holy crap. SO PERFECT. It was crazy pigmented, which means it went on easily (opaque at two coats, but hello, compulsive three-coater) and conversely, it probably will stain like a mofo when I take it off tonight. I'd never used a KleanColor before, I think because the MUA nail board used to say they smelled and took forever to dry. Although I am quite familiar with eau de KleanColor, I don't recall Metallic Green smelling noticeably funky; it DID take a while to dry, but I did my nails after midnight, at which point I was ready to faceplant into bed.

However, my nails were dry in the morning and survived the shower. As I mentioned earlier, I've been wearing this polish since Friday night/Saturday morning with NO CHIPS, barely visible tip wear and SO MANY COMPLIMENTS. If this is what KleanColor metallics are like, SIGN ME UP FOR MORE, PLEASE. Thanks again for letting me try it out, T!

Soooooooooo, this wedding -- my friend got married at Union Station, an ~historic~ train depot in Petersburg, VA. It doesn't serve as a proper depot any more, but the space is used for city and private functions. A train line still runs behind the building, and a Norfolk Southern train even whooshed by during the reception.




Union Station also was featured in last year's Spielberg/Day-Lewis Oscar bait, "Lincoln," during one of Lincoln's speeches. So Steff, I guess you can say I have partied where DDL once worked. ;)

Some wedding champagne  ...




... my "Jewish mother"-sized slice of wedding cake (I can't remember what flavor this was, only that it was tasty and it was from Whole Foods, the bride's employer) ...




Obligatory May 4th goodness:




The day started out fairly overcast and at one point, I was afraid it would rain, but the skies cleared up during the afternoon. On my drive to B's house from the station, I saw a rainbow. I took it as good luck for my friend on his wedding day. While I was unable to get this rainbow on camera, you can see what a gorgeous afternoon it ended up being.




I should have done a toast to the couple during the party when they invited guests to come up and do one, mostly because I have some hilarious things I can say in front of a roomful of people. I don't know why I didn't. This is the second time I wished I had. I'm so chickenshit (read: NOT DRUNK ENOUGH). Oh, well. Maybe in September, I will.

I ordered my bridesmaid dress for another girlfriend's wedding last night. It's from David's, which is quite convenient on account of the bridal party living in three different states. I have four months to tone my arms (hello, Blogilates?), but I don't think I need to go full Mobama/FLOTUS with this. Anyway, it's a nice dress. I'm kind of with the groom -- I prefer purple -- but the bride won out and so we're wearing blue dresses.




All right, that's all for me today. I hope this post makes up for being away for almost a week! I'll try to have something up before Saturday, and I hope to have some time to catch up on all the blog posts and comments I missed while I was out. Definitely share your thoughts on my shoes, Metallic Green, KleanColor metallics, eau de KleanColor, friends' weddings, all that good shit -- I'd love to hear them. Thanks for reading!


P.S. HANDS UP if you saw "Iron Man 3" over the weekend. I know people are bitching about certain characters and plot points and comparing IM3 to TDKR, but COME ON. This is MARVEL UNIVERSE, so comparing Tony Stark to Bruce Wayne ... are you really going there? Apples and oranges, my friends. There were a few things in the movie that made no sense to me, but I don't think it matters because ultimately, I enjoyed this installment more than "Iron Man 2," and let's face it, most of us got into it for RDJ five years ago.

P.P.S. My parents also enjoyed the movie. When we got back in the car, my father's Bluetooth device chimed and said, "CONNECTED." My dad said, "See? I'm Iron Man, too." SCREAMING, BECAUSE DADS.

P.P.P.S. My friend Madeline's birthday is tomorrow. If you want to give her an early birthday present, you should give her new blog a follow!

12 comments:

  1. OMG how is this color so perfect??? I remember a while back Jacqui posted a bunch of the Kleancolor metallics and they are all so perfect.

    I am dyinggggggggggg to see Iron Man but I have to wait until Nate gets paid because I am the only person who still makes my ex-boyfriend take me on dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. THOSE posts. I want them ALL! Stop me before I eBay them.

      :( Did you get to see it yet? Also, I think B and his ex went to see "Knight and Day." It wasn't a date, though.

      Delete
  2. That was the cutest little anecdote about your dad.

    Also, you know my DDL boner too well. HE'S SO GOOD AT EVERYTHING. I want him to cobble me some comfortable 2006-2009-esque shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      I wonder where he keeps his Oscars. Does he repurpose them as tools, do you think?

      Delete
  3. DAT GREEN. OMG. That cake looks freaking delicious! And I love the little anecdote about your dad. Dads are so delightfully dorky :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS DELICIOUS. And I know ... there's no doubt as to whose daughter I am.

      Delete
  4. So....I kinda love the scent of Kleancolor's.......but then again I love the scent of old polish, pre big three free. I don't even smell anything when applying regular polish now., but anyways. This color looks lovely on you!

    I wanna see IM3! I'm not even a Marvel fan, I just love RDJ as Tony Stark!

    I'm kinda in love with your bridesmaid dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie!

      RDJ is timeless. And this dress is pretty great. I tried it on after it arrived, and I wish I had one in black!

      Delete
  5. Your Pauly D reference and use of the word "baller" just killed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauly D knows what he's talking about. Just sayin'. ;)

      Delete
  6. I so wish I had known your desire for this polish! Just sold it on my blog sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! KleanColors aren't too htf. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.