Friday, May 17, 2013

Orly Jealous, Much?

I know you guys want to see Sweet Peacock, and you will -- next week. It's just that I wanted to save it for the weekend because there's no point in wearing an eyecatching, sparkly blue polish when my boyfriend can't see it and I might see him on Sunday (saying the guy likes blue is a gross understatement). I also wanted to get in on the mint party Anna and Madeline had on Monday, can you blame me?

I'd been eyeing this polish since last year, but didn't pull the trigger on it until a couple months ago when Ulta was clearing out their stock of old Orly bottles. Orlys were buy one, get one free, so ... hello, little friend!




Three coats with SV. I'm sorry my cuticles look so ragged. I don't know why.










Mmmm, yes. Very nice, yes? Yes. I love mint polishes, but I have a hard time wearing them. Some lean too blue, some give me major lobster hands and sometimes the formulas are TOTALLY. SHIT. This polish did none of those things, hooray!

I think the most surprising thing about this polish was its finish. It was more of a jelly-creme than straight-up creme, which made for really easy application -- if you're patient. Mint polishes generally lean toward the stark side of the color wheel, and stark pastels are awful to work with! So I appreciated Jealous, Much?'s jelly-creme vibe. Now I know other bloggers have said this was a tad streaky, but I didn't find that to be the case. Sure, I had a few bald spots, but those disappeared and evened out after a third coat. Dry time was good with SV. I only wore this for a day, but I could wear it again.

Jealous, Much? was part of last spring's Cool Romance collection. If you want to find it in person, it's in the core Orly displays at both Sally's and Ulta -- I believe Ulta is having a B2G1 with the brand right now, and you should print a coupon and go nuts. I hate the new Orly bottles, so I'm glad I was able to snag one of the older ones.

What's your take on this Orly mint? Anna and Madeline, what do you think?


P.S. I also have Faint of Heart and Prelude to a Kiss from the Cool Romance collection. Would you guys be interested in seeing one or both of those after I wear Sweet Peacock?

12 comments:

  1. SO. GOOD. *drools*

    Must track down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, yes, nice, yesssssss. I do love a good mint even though I they usually give me horrible lobster fingers. I will wear them all anyway. But I'm going to buy this someday and I'm going to love it and we will continue our streak of We Agree in 2013. (That almost rhymes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, mints give me horrible lobster hands, too. We're on a roll this year. And this year is nearly halfway over -- success!

      Delete
  3. This color is a stunner and your swatches are flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a lovely polish.

      Delete
  4. Oh, score! What a great deal, and this is so, so pretty! Definitely avoids the starkness of a lot of mints. It's crazy pretty on you too! I do believe I must have this. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love me some clearance snags. The light dustiness and the jelly-creme finish are probably what's doing that! Thank you, Elizabeth. And GO GET IT.

      Delete
  5. First of all, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "ragged cuticles" so I will ignore that....:)

    This is one of my favorite mint polishes (besides Zoya Neely, which I shit you not, I've worn probably 5 times since I got it a couple months ago). Looks lovely on you!

    And wear Prelude to a Kiss....such a lovely neutral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one pinky, yo.

      I just got Neely in my Zoya exchange box, so I'm going to wear that one in a bit and see. I think Neely may be lighter than this!

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  6. Ooo, looks gorgeous on you! Such a perfect mint green. I got this one on clearance at Sally a while back and the Sally girl was like, "YES, this is SO you." I felt both honored/ashamed that some of the Sally workers know my taste from me being in there so much haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea! LOLOLOLOL that's how I used to feel when I'd hit the library up for new DVDs post-graduation. I came in one day, saw "2 Days in Paris," grabbed it, and the librarian checking me out said, "I knew you would get this!" That's when I said to myself, "SHIT. I gotta get a job."

      /cool story bro

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.