Monday, May 20, 2013

Skinny Dipping (With Friends): Orly Pure Porcelain ... pure hotness

I love nude polishes, but I am CRAZY for the ones that take your outfit to the next level. You know what I mean? If you don't, it's okay -- you're about to find out.




Three and a half coats with SV.









Wearing Pure Porcelain for just one day, I felt far more put together and "finished" than someone wearing an ill-fitting t-shirt, fat jeans and ratty sneakers should have felt. (I have been wearing my fat clothes lately ... nothing fits except my bridesmaid dress. I look like I'm well into my second trimester. I should probably do something about this.) And this is what I mean by taking an outfit to the next level. If I can feel that way with a crappy outfit, can you imagine how I would feel with a prim cardigan and sundress combo, or even with a formal dress? !!!

It turns out pink-tinged nudes and I are better together than I thought, and Pure Porcelain confirms this. It had a pretty good formula for a shade that's stark and faded at the same time. It's not streaky, but it does need at least two coats to level. It's actually pretty cooperative. Dry time with SV was fast and should help you out if you had leveling issues. I did an extra half coat because I basically was polishing in the dark and you know how that goes -- you never can be too certain.

Pure Porcelain was part of the Precious collection for Spring 2011, which was a great year for Orly now that I think about it -- this, Happy Go Lucky, Birds of a Feather and Mineral FX ... good lord -- between Orly Precious and China Glaze Anchors Away, I was one happy polish collector. Also, if you remember the Orly tie-in with "Dark Shadows," then Decades of Dysfunction was Pure Porcelain, renamed.

I also have to disclose that Pure Porcelain was not the first Precious shade I picked up, but I can show you that polish this week? next week? if'n you wanna.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check back next month for another nude polish, and don't forget to visit Business Lady Polish today for Anna's nude polish pick! (Oh, and check out Pure Porcelain on her -- it looks totally different, right? It pulls pretty pink on me.)

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, so gorgeous! I love how it pulls a little pink on you, and it doesn't look stark at all--just all kinds of soft and pretty! I have this in its Decades of Dysfunction disguise. Should really wear it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! And YES! I think you should pull that one out. Have you posted it? I can't remember!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a really nice shade. Looks exactly the same as Essie Body Language looks on me, and you're right even with all the pink tones it still works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet this would be gorgeous with your complexion, too. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks gooooorrrrgeous on you! I completely know what you mean about a polish finishing an outfit, even if it is just a tee and jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! I KNOWWWWWWWWW, this polish is THAT GOOD. It's off the chain.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks better on you than on anyone else I've seen swatch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAFAR, I'M BLUSHING.

      Thanks, Steff!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was great on you, too. :)

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my little nail blog! I do read and appreciate your comments and/or feedback, although it might take me a few days to get back to you. Time-sensitive inquiries should be directed to my e-mail address (rachswatched@gmail).

Please be polite and respectful when responding to others' comments in a post; if you are rude, I will delete your comment and Hannibal Lecter will eat you. Please don't leave spam comments with blog links -- it's tacky and I don't do it. Neither should you.